Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to buy €8k budget

• 16-08-2016 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭

So I'm on the lookout for a new (to me) car and I'm having serious trouble deciding what to buy, hoping some of you can help me out.

Here are the particulars
    Budget - €8k
    Commute - 25km each way, mostly on the M50 and N7. Fairly regular trips on the M1 and M7 to Dundalk and Westmeath from South Co. Dublin.
    Town driving would be minimal as we have a petrol car as well.
    No kids and unlikely to be having any for a few years but I prefer a larger car than a Golf.

Previous car was an E46 2L petrol and I really liked feel of that but with tax and insurance on older cars its time to change so looking at post 08 cars.

I'd like a 2008 E90, but at my budget I'd have to look for a high milage one and the N47 engines are a concern.

I'm thinking that I do enough mileage to warrant a diesel and my preferences are an A4, E90 or a Passat but open to similar suggestions.

Advertisement