Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Tops - 1980s Letterkenny toy shop

Options
  • 16-08-2016 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi

Sorry for this random request, but I have been scratching my head recently as I have a memory of a 1980s toy shop called "Wooden Tops".

It was located on the High Road roundabout where Crossview House is today - may even have been in the unit currently occupied by Loughreys.

Anyway, I remember it being run by a very nice man - and a memory that I have is that his son (about the same age as me) died tragically at Kinnegar Strand. As I recall, I think he drowned or accidentally inhaled sand. Often wondered what happened to the family.....

Anyway, wondering if anyone else recalls this? Or am I imagining it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭JoannieG

I've lived near Letterkenny most of my life but can't recall that place. Must ask a few townies about it....

Advertisement