Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once - The Musical

Options
  • 16-08-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure where to post this but here goes. Just a quick question.

I was thinking of going to Once – The Musical this evening. Tickets range from about €30 (bad tickets) to €80. I had a look on ticketmaster, and they give the seating map i.e. which seats are available to buy, and which are already taken. There are loads still unsold. I was thinking of buying a cheap ticket (€30) and then just “upgrading” myself into a vacant premium seat, on the same level. E.g. but the cheaper tickets for the back of the circle area, and then just move forward to the front seats, which cost €80 each. This is assuming there is not a big demand for them in the next few hours.

Anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

It's the kind of show that might get a lot of tourists buying in at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

From looking at the circle area and the general ground area (Stalls) mapping arrangement on ticketmaster, there is over half of the seats unsold. That's hundreds. There is no way they will be sold in the next 5 hours.

I suppose I'm just wondering can people freely move around the particular area in which they have tickets booked i.e. circle area in my case, or will security direct you to your seat, and block you from sitting anywhere else. I don't see how they could patrol that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jesus. Had to sit through the fcuking movie when it came out and now they're torturing us with a musical? Sadists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

So how did you get on with the great seat heist OP?
    And is the musical any good in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The seat heist went perfect. Actually got tickets for €25 each, and could sit anywhere I wanted in the circle area. Went down to the front, and sat in the €80 seats.

I thought it was brilliant. I enjoyed the film. It's simple, but I like the frames/Glen Hansard music. The musical strayed away from the movie, in that it was much more humorous. Had to really, as the script for the movie wouldn't work well in a musical. Loved the music in the second half of the show - Falling Slowly, Sleeping, When your mind's made up, and the slow one sang by the lead actress. People were saying that you wouldn’t need to see the film to enjoy the show. But having seen the movie definitely enhances the overall context of the musical, and you can identify with it better. Anyway, great value for myself and the missus. Paid €50 to sit in seats selling for €160. Would definitely recommend – but not at the exorbitant prices that they are looking for. Like I say, have a look at the seating map on ticketmaster, and for a night that has plenty of vacant seats, buy the cheapest, and upgrade to the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 dermotcw

Was there Sat night, absolutely enjoyed it, thought it was funny, musically very good and loved thw unique way it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

*guilty bump*

Sure it's a year later - but topic still relevant - grab middling tickets and rock up to the top few rows?

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't once be enough surely.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

At worst you'll get asked to move if the seat is sold, just plead ignorance.

Advertisement