Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DhB clothing

Options
  • 16-08-2016 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭

Developed a bit of a ghra for the DhB Classic, Blok and ASV kit last year but for the 2016 stuff they appear to have outsourced the design to the year 1994.

This was going to be a DhB love in but ye gods the new stuff is ghastly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

A lot of companies have done it. some shocking looking stuff out there at the moment.
    Don't even think about looking at socks these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Trying too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

The Roubaix Bib Tights seem to be the same thankfully. Getting some new ones for the season that must not be named.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

daragh_ wrote: »
    The Roubaix Bib Tights seem to be the same thankfully. Getting some new ones for the season that must not be named.

I thought you'd sworn to leave the treacherous world of bicycle dressage behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I find the sizes on the new DHB stuff are crazy. For example, a DHB base layer size XL from a few years ago stills fit me perfectly, but a new base layer size XXL is like something you would see those young wans going to wesley wearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

daragh_ wrote: »

If you are anywhere near the Decathlon store in Belfast had their Btwin 700 series winter tights with about 60% off. £60 reduced to £25 on the clearance rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

clog wrote: »
    If you are anywhere near the Decathlon store in Belfast had their Btwin 700 series winter tights with about 60% off. £60 reduced to £25 on the clearance rail.

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Developed a bit of a ghra for the DhB Classic, Blok and ASV kit last year but for the 2016 stuff they appear to have outsourced the design to the year 1994.

Its grá not ghra!!!!!

bazermc wrote: »
    Its grá not ghra!!!!!

Sorry but the auld gaelige is my fourth strongest language

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

What is the quality like. I've seen some decent looking ones,not sure if this years but wanted to make sure if the quality of padding in the shorts is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

What is the quality like. I've seen some decent looking ones,not sure if this years but wanted to make sure if the quality of padding in the shorts is good

Don't worry, it's top class.

This. I've done 100km spins in the Vaeon bib tights and classic knickers with no complaints.

Didn't get on too well with the chamois in the ASV race bibs at first but they're fine now.

I bought a twin pack of cheap bibs about 2 years ago, €60 or something like that for them. Thought the would do for commuting rather than ruining good bibs.
    Those two pairs are my favourite bibs I own, they are my go to bibs over any others.
    I love the pad on them. I've never seen them again on wiggle since but if I did I'd buy 10 more pairs with out a moment thought.
    Fine dry or soaking wet they are great, even brought them to Tenerife.

Looking at their site, I'd guess they are the Classics
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-classic-bib-shorts-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

IMHO, they're pretty ok (I have the Aeron Race shorts, IIRC), but much less structured in their chamois than really good (expensive) shorts like Castelli Progetto X2 or Assos ones.

For mid-price shorts, I really like the Funkier 12-panel ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Mother of god!

http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360108022/dhb-ASV-Race-Bib-Shorts-Lycra-Cycling-Shorts-Black-Red-SS16-A1195-6.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&a=7

rtmie wrote: »

Yeah last seen on the shellsuit of the kid who was bitterly jealous of his classmates X-WORks jeans.

The new blok patterns are also very Tracksuits that were cutting edge when Rhythm was a dancer and the new additions to the Classic range look like cardigans M&S sold in the 00s.

It's like the entire design team had a stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

I got some dhb stuff recently, aeron rain proof jersey, arm and leg warmers, plus a dsv cap and shoe covers. It's really top quality stuff, especially the jersey. Anyone got any of their shorts? Was thinking the asv ones look pretty good

Koobcam wrote: »
    I got some dhb stuff recently, aeron rain proof jersey, arm and leg warmers, plus a dsv cap and shoe covers. It's really top quality stuff, especially the jersey. Anyone got any of their shorts? Was thinking the asv ones look pretty good

I've got three different levels /versions. Happy with them all.

Nèe swears by the women's ASV bibs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Big fan too, but the sizing has gone very strange. I wanted to replace my old knee and leg warmers, ordered the same size again in the new ones...

I think the knee warmers were about the same length as my old leg warmers, and the new leg warmers had about 3 inches on the old ones.

If I'd gone a size down, I'd risk cutting off circulation.

Maybe when you become more successful, you can afford better models. They might not be cyclists, but they are better models. And the feeling of "we've made it!" is probably heightened too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

stecleary wrote: »
    I bought a twin pack of cheap bibs about 2 years ago, €60 or something like that for them. Thought the would do for commuting rather than ruining good bibs.
    Those two pairs are my favourite bibs I own, they are my go to bibs over any others.
    I love the pad on them. I've never seen them again on wiggle since but if I did I'd buy 10 more pairs with out a moment thought.
    Fine dry or soaking wet they are great, even brought them to Tenerife.

Looking at their site, I'd guess they are the Classics
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-classic-bib-shorts-1/

A first for me... judging by their size guide I'm an XS? (Not buying btw, just curious)

I'm 170 cm in height with a 31/32 waist @ 71kg

Would that be right? XS?

And seriously, I'm not buying. I did a rough calculation earlier today of shorts I own, and I managed to shock myself.

A first for me... judging by their size guide I'm an XS? (Not buying btw, just curious)

I'm 170 cm in height with a 31/32 waist @ 71kg

Would that be right? XS?

And seriously, I'm not buying. I did a rough calculation earlier today of shorts I own, and I managed to shock myself.

171cm and 75kg. I wear a M

C3PO wrote: »
    Dare I say it ... but I think they look good!

Do you also think this is good music?
    https://youtu.be/7b2T8K2D-ps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Do you also think this is good music?
    https://youtu.be/7b2T8K2D-ps

cracker of a tune

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

The ASV (or whatever it's called) stuff is great, hands down my favourite shorts to wear. I like the uncontoured pads. I've washed my two pairs (carefully!) several times per week since christmas and they've lasted well so far, although the elastic/rubbery at the bottom is starting to lose it's grip and shape. But that's with two wears and washes per week min in and around so they're not doing too badly.

I also love the colourfulness of them. Mine are unfortunately grey as that's what was cheap at the time, but the more colour and crazy designs the better.This is true of all cycling kit. Waaay too much black going on

nee wrote: »
    The ASV (or whatever it's called) stuff is great, hands down my favourite shorts to wear. I like the uncontoured pads. I've washed my two pairs (carefully!) several times per week since christmas and they've lasted well so far, although the elastic/rubbery at the bottom is starting to lose it's grip and shape. But that's with two wears and washes per week min in and around so they're not doing too badly.

I also love the colourfulness of them. Mine are unfortunately grey as that's what was cheap at the time, but the more colour and crazy designs the better.This is true of all cycling kit. Waaay too much black going on

You would have loved the pink chequered kit I saw a woman wearing yesterday. It actually was really cool.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Hmmm I actually hate the colour pink! But any colour is better than black

nee wrote: »
    Hmmm I actually hate the colour pink! But any colour is better than black

Pink is legit in cycling.

PS: I loved last years bright and colourful Blok kit but this year's looks like Shaun Ryder's fever dream about winning the Tour De France with Bez.

The new season ASV and Aeron kit looks pretty nice.

Welcome back from your Happy Mondays phase DHB!

• Advertisement
Advertisement