Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment in Sydney for wedding

Options
  • 16-08-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Five of us from Ireland are going to a family wedding in Sydney in march 2017. We are trying to find a 3 bed apartment to rent for 13 nights. Would anyone be able to help. We would like to be in the city regardless of cost as it would mean not hiring a car. What do you think about the airb&b. There was a lot of complaints on Irish radio about it recently i.e the property not been there at all on arrival. It would be great relief to have somewhere booked!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

hillbloom wrote: »
    Five of us from Ireland are going to a family wedding in Sydney in march 2017. We are trying to find a 3 bed apartment to rent for 13 nights. Would anyone be able to help. We would like to be in the city regardless of cost as it would mean not hiring a car. What do you think about the airb&b. There was a lot of complaints on Irish radio about it recently i.e the property not been there at all on arrival. It would be great relief to have somewhere booked!!

I haven't heard much positive or negative about airbnb in Australia but if you are looking for an alternative maybe check out :
    https://furnishedproperty.com.au/accommodation-types
    Or
    www.stayz.com.au.

If you google "short stay accommodation/serviced apartments Sydney" you will find other options.

It's quite expensive to stay in Sydney CBD so be prepared for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

aido. Thank you. We will have a look at those. A lot of the management companies not taking bookings till end of January. We would prefer to have it booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

My in-laws stayed in The Breakfree on George last Feb and they were pretty good value, they were in a "hotel" of sorts but, had self-catering. They are right in the CBD. The 2 bed apartment is about $500 per night but sleeps 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bakedalaska

I've used these guys before and found them reasonable.
    https://www.apartmentservice.com.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Used AirBnB a good few times, never any issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement