Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview - Can they be decided before?

Options
  • 16-08-2016 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I had my first interview this week. Whilst I was happy with how it went, I felt like I was only there to make up the numbers. One person got around 25 minutes in her interview, but she had loads of experience. I'm newly qualified, and got just over 10. I felt like they had the position given away before even doing he interview, which I think is extremely unfair. Why dangle a carrot, just to rip it away?

Also, when do you usually hear back? And would schools ring you to say no, or is it just a letter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Pauly1992 wrote: »
    I had my first interview this week. Whilst I was happy with how it went, I felt like I was only there to make up the numbers. One person got around 25 minutes in her interview, but she had loads of experience. I'm newly qualified, and got just over 10. I felt like they had the position given away before even doing he interview, which I think is extremely unfair. Why dangle a carrot, just to rip it away?

Also, when do you usually hear back? And would schools ring you to say no, or is it just a letter?

Sometimes the job is gone. I've experienced very long and short interviews. You just have to keep trying. I went to a school for an interview in one school and the journey was over an hour - was back out in ten minutes.

How do you know she had that much experience? Were you talking to her pre-interview? She may have been trying to rattle you.

If you're a NQT, you're lucky to be called to interview.

Some schools ring and give feedback. Some send an email. Some send a letter. I once got a text message from a principal. Usually if you were the successful candidate, you would hear the day after your interview. If its an etb, it could be a week. I think unsuccessful candidates are only informed when contracts have been signed.

Every interview is a learning experience and they are also soul destroying if you're not successful (see the thread I started about interviews).

Best of luck with the interviews. Hope this helps.

Advertisement