Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest hostel/place to stay per night?

Options
  • 16-08-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,

Are there any camping/caravan in Galway/Co.Galway that supply electricity all year round?.
    So I can pay so much to stay there, and pay for electricity.

Or where might I be able to pay some place to set a tent up every night?.

I can give you some bitcoin or paypal for the help of telling me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 greendopamine

or some hostel that is 10 euro or order every night
    or some place where you can camp all year around under 10 euro.

hi,

what is the cheapest place to stay in galway city.
    hostel

ty

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

There's no camping sites open all year round.
    10/night is 300 per month. Why not share a room?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think that Nimmos hostel on Dominic St is the cheapest.

hi, thank you very much miss, yeah its 10 euro per night at Nimmos hostel...

but any other suggestions? is there any place open all year round to caravan? they pay to have caravan so i could just pay to have tent... or go up to them and pay for electricity?

where do i go electricity in Galway please?

thank you.

• Advertisement

is SALTHILLCARAVANPARK open all year around?.

thank you.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

They'll start charging for parking there eventually

I do not think you could live in a tent all year around: winter would be too cold and wet.

I also don't think that it's safe to have electricity running into a tent. And a tent provides no protection from having your belongings stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

is SALTHILLCARAVANPARK open all year around?.

thank you.

No it is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

http://www.thecollegeview.com/2012/10/17/student-living-in-a-tent-in-nuig/
    In 2012 a student from Nuig lived in a tent for a year near the campus. More details in link. Having lived in Galway for a while (and experienced the wind and rain during winter) I wouldn't choose that option myself! Some days even my house feels like it's going to blow away;)

I do not think you could live in a tent all year around: winter would be too cold and wet.

I also don't think that it's safe to have electricity running into a tent. And a tent provides no protection from having your belongings stolen.

well not electricity, but some where where i can pay for electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Your best bet would be a long stay hostel.
    Try Woodquay, Salmon Weir and similar lesser known hostels. They may have something.

thank you very much, but to be honest, I don't mind camping.
    all I would need is:

- electricity to charge phone

is there any place in the west of Ireland that has a pay for electricity?

If all you want electricity for is to charge the phone, then forget about paying. Just go and sit in the library for an hour or two, and read a book while it charges. You could even swap between the city and Westside libraries every day! You'd need to find somewhere else for Sundays and public holidays - perhaps the bus station (I'm not sure if the plugs there are accessible) or a foyer in the university or the hospital.

But there is no tent that will stand up to Galway's wind in the wintertime.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Phone can be charged using either solar panel, or maybe better windturbine

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

If it's only your phone you need to charge, i would think most places would be friendly enough to let you plug is in....i.e. if you go into a pub -buy a drink and ask them to plug it in...or a coffee shop etc....

Why on earth would you want to live in a tent, I wouldn't sleep in one for one night never mind live in one. Get a houseshare its by far the best option if you want cheap accommodation. As you are willing to live in a tent I'm sure you would settle for an over crowded and low quality houseshare which will be got fairly cheap. 200 to 250 a month should be achievable for a box room in a house sharing with a good few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's completely possible to do, but probably not the most pleasant of things. I know someone who lives in a 'tent' most of the year in a similar climate. The 'tent' is a bell tent canvas, with sheepskins, a wood burning stove etc inside and even still, he has hard winters. Safety would be my biggest concern. Along with things like showering etc (you could use a pool or gym for this I suppose). Anything that would make it more liveable in though would require a bit of secure space or a longer term 'tent'. If you came to an arrangement to live on someone's land, and do a bit of casual work in return, that might be an option?

Advertisement