Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear The Walking Dead | Season 2 | Episode 8 | Grotesque [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 16-08-2016 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

Episode 8 - "Grotesque"

Airdate - August 21st on AMC at 9/8c | August 22nd on AMC UK at 2:10am (and again at 9pm)

Nick's search for answers leads him into deadly terrain; a dark part of his past is revealed.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 15 votes

0%
    6%
    robertpatterson 1 vote
    6%
    Washout 1 vote
    33%
    geeceeduridianbrianregan09OrgasmicBazFlippyfloppy 5 votes
    13%
    terryduff12ricero 2 votes
    6%
    Monife 1 vote
    13%
    foozzybear61Marcus Antonius 2 votes
    13%
    frashHank Scorpio 2 votes
    6%
    Liamalone 1 vote
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Poor doggies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

A nothing much episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I thought that was easily the best episode of the season, maybe even the whole series so far.

It was clear that the Mexico setting would be a great move for this show (or certainly should be), with the whole Dia de los Muertes connection and this episode fit right into that. Some of the apocalyptic imagery was stunning. The show made great use of the parched landscape and Nick's torturous march towards a seemingly inevitable death was nicely done. As to why he even set off on his own trip in the first place I think we're being asked to suspend a lot of belief.

As always with the Walking Dead there were some 'ah come onnnn' moments. The scene where the three thugs come across the walkers and two of them end up getting stupidly killed was ridiculous. They had all the room in the world to kill them and they made a total balls of it. Not to mention Nick not being hit as the bullets were sprayed into the horde!

Same with the scene where Nick eats the dog meat...surely it's tainted seeing as the walkers were slobbering all over it just seconds earlier? We've had quite a few of these scenes in the main show and it FTWD is not immune to them.

Anyway, having lost a lot of faith in this show this season, I was impressed with this...although if the next two episodes are going to focus on the other two groups then the thoughts of a 'Nick and Chris special' doesn't fill me with any joy whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

bit confused, who was the woman at the start, did she work at the big house?

why that guy mess with his gun rather then runnign awy, (would he totally lose face if he did?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Very poor imo. Thinking of giving this show a miss, I'm a huge survival horror fan but kept browsing and losing interest every few minutes.

Hopefully it picks up in the next few episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

bit confused, who was the woman at the start, did she work at the big house?

She was the one who took their weapons when they arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I thought that was easily the best episode of the season, maybe even the whole series so far.

It was clear that the Mexico setting would be a great move for this show (or certainly should be), with the whole Dia de los Muertes connection and this episode fit right into that. Some of the apocalyptic imagery was stunning. The show made great use of the parched landscape and Nick's torturous march towards a seemingly inevitable death was nicely done. As to why he even set off on his own trip in the first place I think we're being asked to suspend a lot of belief.

As always with the Walking Dead there were some 'ah come onnnn' moments. The scene where the three thugs come across the walkers and two of them end up getting stupidly killed was ridiculous. They had all the room in the world to kill them and they made a total balls of it. Not to mention Nick not being hit as the bullets were sprayed into the horde!

Same with the scene where Nick eats the dog meat...surely it's tainted seeing as the walkers were slobbering all over it just seconds earlier? We've had quite a few of these scenes in the main show and it FTWD is not immune to them.

Anyway, having lost a lot of faith in this show this season, I was impressed with this...although if the next two episodes are going to focus on the other two groups then the thoughts of a 'Nick and Chris special' doesn't fill me with any joy whatsoever!

I meant Travis and Chris!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Twas alright, but I kinda have a liking for Mexico as a setting anyway, so that probably made me a bit kinder towards it when I gave it an 8. Probably be a 6.5 if the same things happened in Kansas or somewhere like that. :-/

Advertisement