Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sports question

Options
  • 16-08-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

First off i'm a Sky customer only,  I don't have eir broadband so I know it's not free! but I want to know what the 6  SD channels and 5 HD channels are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

First off i'm a Sky customer only,  I don't have eir broadband so I know it's not free! but I want to know what the 6  SD channels and 5 HD channels are?
    Hi JohnSmith17,

Thanks for getting in touch. :)
    eir Sport 2, BT Sport 1,2,3 & BT Sport ESPN are all HD on the Sky platform, eir Sport 1 is not yet HD on Sky.  

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

Hi JohnSmith17,

eir Sport 2, BT Sport 1,2,3 & BT Sport ESPN are all HD on the Sky platform, eir Sport 1 is not yet HD on Sky.  

-Pamela 
    ok, thank you Pamela. Will Eir sport 1 be in hd soon?

Hi JohnSmith17,

-Pamela 
    I'll query this with the eir Sport team JohnSmith17 and as soon as they get back to me I will update you.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

Hi JohnSmith17,

-Pamela 
    I'll query this with the eir Sport team JohnSmith17 and as soon as they get back to me I will update you.

-Pamela 
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi JohnSmith17,

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Thank you.
    No problem :) 

-Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Any update on this? I just bought the Eir Sport package for the year yesterday and I'm in a bit of disbelief that Eir Sport 1 is SD only. It looks terrible and is pretty much unwatchable as is. In good news it doesn't look like much I'm interested in will really be on that channel, but it seems very odd that it's the only one that isn't HD and that Eir Sport 2 is, is this a legacy issue of Setanta not bothering with the investment in the Irish audience for Setanta Ireland (which is now Eir Sport 1, correct?) ?

dar83 wrote: »
    Any update on this? I just bought the Eir Sport package for the year yesterday and I'm in a bit of disbelief that Eir Sport 1 is SD only. It looks terrible and is pretty much unwatchable as is. In good news it doesn't look like much I'm interested in will really be on that channel, but it seems very odd that it's the only one that isn't HD and that Eir Sport 2 is, is this a legacy issue of Setanta not bothering with the investment in the Irish audience for Setanta Ireland (which is now Eir Sport 1, correct?) ?
    [font=Cambria, serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There are plans to change the channel to HD but unfortunately we don’t have a timeframe for when this will be completed [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]dar83.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rpg

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]There are plans to change the channel to HD but unfortunately we don’t have a timeframe for when this will be completed [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]dar83.[/font]

Any update on this Pamela?

I share the same views as the other posters; bizarre that Eir Sport 2 is available in HD, but the main 'flagship' channel isn't. It wasn't really made clear at time of purchasing Eir Sport.

It would be helpful if you could provide some specific information on when it will be updated to HD and/or the reason as to why it isn't.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mwin80

.....and if you are a sky-only customer and don't have eir broadband then how much does it cost to add the Eir Sport/Bt Sports channels to your Sky platform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

rpg wrote: »

Any update on this Pamela?

I share the same views as the other posters; bizarre that Eir Sport 2 is available in HD, but the main 'flagship' channel isn't. It wasn't really made clear at time of purchasing Eir Sport.

It would be helpful if you could provide some specific information on when it will be updated to HD and/or the reason as to why it isn't.

Thank you.
    Hi Dar83,

I am afraid there is no update as of yet. Unfortunately, we are not given any information on this so we would be unable to advise why it is not available or give you any time frame on this. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. You can view our annual subscription prices in the link below.
    [font=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/[/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]Kind Regards, [/font]
    [font=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]Ciara[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭pj12332

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi Dar83,

I am afraid there is no update as of yet. Unfortunately, we are not given any information on this so we would be unable to advise why it is not available or give you any time frame on this. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. You can view our annual subscription prices in the link below.
    [font=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/[/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]Kind Regards, [/font]
    [font=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif]Ciara[/font]

8 months later and the masters is on eir sport 1 and it's still not hd. What a joke? Why not show it on eir sport 2???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi pj12332,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I understand your frustration and I will pass your feedback onto the relevant department.
    I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Advertisement