Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Live 17-8-16

• 16-08-2016 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

smackdown-live-wwe-2016-logo.jpg

Final show before Summerslam.

What will happen when Ambrose and Ziggler come face-to-face on ‘Miz TV’?

Can ‘The Face that Runs the Place’ rise above Excellence itself?

The Tag Team and Women’s divisions continue to heat up

Will Heath Slater be back for another try at SmackDown Live?

Where will The Viper strike next heading into SummerSlam?

Sky Sports 5 - 01:00

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yikes, only the opening post? Show wasn't that bad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Maybe 2 late nights in a row is too much for people!

i thought it was a decent show myself! I have to say I love the Eva Marie bits - they are hillarious!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

i thought it was a decent show myself! I have to say I love the Eva Marie bits - they are hillarious!

For all people were ragging on the SD Women's division, it's showing a lot more depth and ingenuity so far than Raw which is Sasha/Charlotte/Dana doing the same segment week in, week out. And Naomi's new entrance is awesome.

EDIT: Also, can I add how good it was that they used someone (this case, Heath) actually watching the show last week as a plot point! So often, they come out after a show as if they've not seen the previous week's backstage segments and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

yeah smackdown is slowly but surely making some very clever changes!

Also YES for the contract signing just done with no fuss on a cold open!

and my favourite bit "you better freakin watch yourself" - I love Becky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

thought the Ambrose/Ziggler promo was awesome, I hope they kick the living snot out of each other on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Amazingly the free agent/I got kids to feed gimmick is actually getting Heath Slater over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The whole Wyatt story over the past few weeks is clearly rushed. Its clear they wanted to break up the group during the draft.

After the draft they was a promo for Erick where he said he was alone.

The first eposide after had Bray by himself in new gear.

It is like the remember that they have to give a reason for Bray and Erick splitting because they are on the same show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I thought it was a good show. As pointed out in a few places, the best thing on Smackdown's roster is the absence of a third hour. I think they have a bit of tweaking to do, but they have more than enough star power in Cena, Orton, Styles, Ambrose, Del Rio, Wyatt and Ziggler v8.0 to put some programmes together for the next while. They need to strengthen the tag division and give Becky a top heel to work with in the women's, but so far they seem to be steadily fixing the bugs and improving, in contrast to Raw.

One minor point - Heath's latest free-agent character is leaning too much toward the comedy for me. Now, we all know that to Vince a grown man begging for a job to provide for his family probably is side-splittingly funny, but I think Heath could really get over with regular humans using a more sympathetic angle, and I think you'd really see people rooting for him in matches that mean something. Then later he could heel turn by admitting the whole family man shtick was made up and he fooled us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Enjoyed the show, as has been said the 2 hour format really helps. The Ambrose/Ziggler promo was great, and I think they're utilising their limited female roster in the best way they can really.

Biggest negative would be the tag division for me. You've a limited division so don't throw them all in the ring at once and basically say 'yeah this is all we have'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

HBK Jr was great at the start of the show.

Best I can remember him. Amazing how they can rebuild him every now and again no matter how badly the booking was in between. Imagine what could happen if they stayed behind him for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just echoing the comments above, I quietly enjoyed this show. SmackDown has been improving week on week since a lacklustre post-draft opener.

The Ziggler-Ambrose feud has been really well done. Hard to see Ziggler winning, but hopefully they keep up his character development after the loss.

Heath Slater has been awesome.

The womens division is coming together nicely, considering they don't have much to work with. Becky is deadly.

You'd imagine that Cena, Styles and Orton will be available for fresh feuds after SummerSlam, which should add some intrigue to the top of the card.

Miz-Crews at SummerSlam seems like a match that they booked, then totally forgot to promote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Just echoing the comments above, I quietly enjoyed this show. SmackDown has been improving week on week since a lacklustre post-draft opener.

The Ziggler-Ambrose feud has been really well done. Hard to see Ziggler winning, but hopefully they keep up his character development after the loss.

Heath Slater has been awesome.

The womens division is coming together nicely, considering they don't have much to work with. Becky is deadly.

You'd imagine that Cena, Styles and Orton will be available for fresh feuds after SummerSlam, which should add some intrigue to the top of the card.

Miz-Crews at SummerSlam seems like a match that they booked, then totally forgot to promote.

i hope ziggler loses and goes full heel seems to be the way they are going at the minute.

im not a fan of ambrose as champ at all and if not ziggler i hope they take the title off him soon enough. i dont know weather its been the bad booking thats happened to him or ive just staterd to drift away when he talks or when hes wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Naomi's new entrance straight out of the mid 90's rave scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is Heath the hardest working superstar, tv wise now? Appearing on both shows. Do you think he could be a midcard contender if handled right? Could be a new Miz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really hope they will give Curt Hawkins a chance to shine since I enjoyed his NXT 2011-2012 run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That Superkick outta nowhere is the best thing Dolph Ziggler has ever done. I was ooooohing at the tv, it completely caught me off guard, much like when his Dad did it to Marty Jannetty at the Barbershop.

Advertisement