Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Expenses app....anyone using one?

Options
  • 16-08-2016 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭

I have the usual hassle of shedload of receipts to sort here etc etc.

There has to be a better way.

I hear there are apps such as Expensify and Smart Receipts that sound great: you scan receipts and enter mileage etc on your smartphone and it produces a monthly report / spreadsheet with all your expenses!

It sounds great.

Anyone using one of these apps? Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Dean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I use waveapps.com it has an app for taking picture of the recipts I'm always amazed at just how much detail it's able to scrape from the image! Its all free unless you're using it for payroll. It's good for invoicing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I use Concur - it's tied to our office expense system. Photograph receipts and classify them as you go. In my case anything I put in there turns up on the desktop system and I can send items to different reports, send for approval, etc. I think you can use it to generate stand alone reports as well if your office isn't using Concur for expenses management.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

sage have developed a chatbot "pegg" which will allow you to process you expenses among other things into sage one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We've been using Expensify for the last couple of years and it's pretty good. You can scan receipts using your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

+1 for expensify

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Our expenses system is standalone, so I still have to enter items manually. However, I use Evernote Scannable to scan them all and generate my PDFs for attaching to the report.

Systems like Concur with apps and integration are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

We used Concur and I loved it. Its not exactly a complex app so I'm sure some of the free ones are more than adequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

jimmii wrote: »
    I use waveapps.com it has an app for taking picture of the recipts I'm always amazed at just how much detail it's able to scrape from the image! Its all free unless you're using it for payroll. It's good for invoicing as well.

Started kicking around Wave and it looks great, afaik the payroll utility only works in us and canada. Is it supported by the banks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

duploelabs wrote: »
    Started kicking around Wave and it looks great, afaik the payroll utility only works in us and canada. Is it supported by the banks?

Looks like it I hadn't even realised that before lol! I have my Clydesdale account hooked up to it so I am guessing it's going to work with the major banks in Europe at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I downloaded Expensify and set up an account for myself, but I am having no luck with using it from my smartphone. I don't seem to be able to add expenses.

For now I am using an Excel spreadsheet on the phone. It works OK except of course it doesn't cater for photographing receipts.

But I'm logging 100% all mileage and expenses. I reckon I was missing quite a few items before this, just forgetting to write them into the diary.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Another alternative (or not) is to use Google Keep which allows you to make photographic notes, label the note and add text as well. You can have multiple labels, so an item could be labelled "expenses", "dinner" and "29 Aug trip".

Advertisement