Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You couldn't make it up.

• 16-08-2016 8:32pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭

My neighbour was away for the weekend, and whilst away her dog had a brain haemorrhage. This was confirmed to her at the vet's, and they gave her a room to have a bit of quiet time with her. 90 minutes later, her pooch was gone.

Next day, after coming home from her holiday and burying her dog out in the back garden, she answered a knock at the door.
    A woman asked her if she had lost her dog.
    She said yes.
    The woman asked again.
    Again she said yes.
    Good said the woman, I have her in the back of my car.
    But that's impossible.
    Out they go to the car, and there's what looks like her dog.

Turns out, the dog in the back of the car had stole out under the gate of a woman who was fostering it.

Someone from the foster place came around, they had a chat, I assume she told her the story of her own dog dying that morning, and now the pooch is spending a few days in her new house, to see if she likes it.

You couldn't make up something cute like that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I'm confused .

The lady's dog died ..

They found her another dog same day .....

And she's fostering that dog . ...

Sorry I'm a bit slow maybe

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yeah, I edited a bit there, sorry if it sounded confusing. Her dog died. Another one turned up later in the day. And she's going to try foster it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Ah that's so sweet! I thought for a minute the dead dog wasn't hers at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

That's exactly what I thought !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

I was thinking the dead dog wasn't dead and had dug his way out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

.red. wrote: »

so did i, that would of being a better story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Has to be the most confused I ever was reading a story . same as you all above I thought, did dog dig out of hole, was it her dog that died at all.

Great story tho .

I lost a dog a few weeks ago , digging hole was hard and saying goodbye . I tried to adopt a westie in local rescue but got turned down .

We won't give up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Thats not something i'll ever do. To me getting another like him would be like getting a replacement and I will never do that. When I do it will be the same breed but a different variety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

(?) So...... Is she also going to keep the Zombie dog????? This is so confusing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

op's story is a bit ruff around the edges

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

.red. wrote: »

Same here. Thought it was Rovers return!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is it not a bit much for a dog to be "presented" to her like that?
    I know everyone is different but I think I'd like some time to get my head sorted before I committed to another dog, I don't think I'd turn one away if it came to the door like that, but at the same time I probably wouldn't be happy.

Our family pet got put to sleep 2 years ago, I was out of home 5 years at the time and it took me until July to be ready to get another one.

Advertisement