Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closed account or not?

Options
  • 16-08-2016 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭

Hello,

first of all thanks for your time.

I closed my account in a huff over some issue and and during the closing process it clearly said its irreversible, fair enough.
    It was an account nearly ten years on the go with over 5k posts. Was it a silly overreaction? Probably was, but thats history now.

But now I'm seeing that my old ego has the status 'Registered User' rather than 'Closed Account'. Can you advise whether the account is recoverable or not, please?

Thanks C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Account closure cannot be reversed.
    Are you sure you closed your account?

If you're not comfortable sharing your old moniker here please PM me or some of the other admin team and we'll look into it for you, just in case there is something odd happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Taltos wrote: »
    Account closure cannot be reversed.
    Are you sure you closed your account?

Pretty sure, yes. I wasn't able to log in with that ID since. So I did something.

But I just went to my old user's public profile and it says there, too, 'Registered User'. I thought it would say 'Closed Account'. Could be just a status not updated, but might be worth having a look into?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hmm, it says closed account in the modutils for me, but still shows registered user on the old posts and on the public profile.

It seems to be in limbo or quasi closed state. Maybe the admins can see more than I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

It is a weird one.
    Everything looks like the close went through apart from updating the user title.
    I've checked some other closed accounts done in the last day or two and they seem fine so I've just updated that flag on your old account.

I can confirm though everything else about the closure is correct, the linked email is wiped to my view now.

Cheers Spear for removing that post and double-checking

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thanks for checking it out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement