Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hi All,

is Sandy with Shootjerseys or is she with someone else?

Separate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was doing a quick look around the sites as the kids are looking for new jerseys for the summer ahead.

Can anyone confirm that all the 19/20 jerseys that are up and for sale are actually going to be the official tops come the new season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

New kits probably haven't been launched yet, I know Liverpools haven't anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Hi all, is it ok to order via the shoot website or is to recommended to go the whatsapp route? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Hi all...

Anyone order from 433fifa.co.uk? Saw them pop up on Facebook recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

jasonb wrote: »
    Hi all...

Anyone order from 433fifa.co.uk? Saw them pop up on Facebook recently.

why would you bother :confused:? Its obviosuly just someone buying in bulk and reselling....just buy from one of the many listed sources on this site??

PM'ed you Sandys number

neacy69 wrote: »
    why would you bother :confused:? Its obviosuly just someone buying in bulk and reselling....just buy from one of the many listed sources on this site??

PM'ed you Sandys number

Only asked about 433fifa.co.uk 'cos it popped up on FB with the 'Blackout' LFC jersey, which is sold out on the official sites. Have no idea if 433fifa is dodgy or not, and what the quality of the jersey would be like.

Thanks for Sandy's number. How 'official' are the Jerseys Sandy sells, are the cheaper copies?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Read back a few pages. Read the OP.

They aren't official. Quality is fine. Not as good as the original obviously.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Read back a few pages. Read the OP.

They aren't official. Quality is fine. Not as good as the original obviously.

Have just read through the thread a bit and was coming back to say I'd got my answer! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Has anyone bought off DHGate? If so what's their quality and sizing like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Has anyone bought off DHGate? If so what's their quality and sizing like?

Dhgate is like eBay. Loads of sellers. No one size to tell you about. It's all different sellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

I've used DHGate a few times, all jerseys were perfect and sizing was similar enough but I always sized up on the player versions. Just make sure to order from a top seller who has a lot of reviews, if you go through the reviews you'll be able to see pictures of the jerseys people received.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know it's a long shot, I've looked on dh gate and a few places but trying to get prince edition Minnesota Timberwolves jersey, problem is I've seen a poor copy of it on Sandy's site and on dh gate I've seen sellers show the proper one but one review shows the poor copy, anyone find a good seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Has anyone purchased the new Liverpool home jersey yet?

Any idea on sizing and quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Anyone got a number for Sandy lads? Messaged Vivian and she doesn't have what I'm looking for unfortunately.

wellboys wrote:
    Anyone got a number for Sandy lads? Messaged Vivian and she doesn't have what I'm looking for unfortunately.

It'll be the same response from sandy too I'd imagine. If it's anyway obscure they generally do not have it. What jersey is it and someone might have seen it somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

RossieMan wrote: »
    It'll be the same response from sandy too I'd imagine. If it's anyway obscure they generally do not have it. What jersey is it and someone might have seen it somewhere?

It’s just a Spurs windbreaker type jacket, thought I saw it on Shoot earlier in the season but maybe not. They have one colour of it on Shoot so was chancing my arm to see if Sandy has it in the colour I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Sandy has a new website up and running
    http://www.sandycn.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Hococop wrote: »
    I know it's a long shot, I've looked on dh gate and a few places but trying to get prince edition Minnesota Timberwolves jersey, problem is I've seen a poor copy of it on Sandy's site and on dh gate I've seen sellers show the proper one but one review shows the poor copy, anyone find a good seller?

Here's pic of the regular white one. Looks and feels like same quality as the club shop in the Target Centre

New United home shirt should be with me this week from Sandy.

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Here's pic of the regular white one. Looks and feels like same quality as the club shop in the Target Centre

Thanks, unfortunately I have that one it was this one I was looking for but all sellers seem to be selling the poor version, it's near the end of the season so might be able to order the real one at a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

New to the tread what way are sandys sizes. looking to get the new united kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

rizzee wrote: »
    New United home shirt should be with me this week from Sandy.

be interested to hear about this one - i am always reluctant to order as soon as a shirt is released as i think it takes the factories a bit of time to get a decent copy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Has anybody gotten any retro Liverpool jerseys lately and if so can you Pm th details of where, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

GBX wrote: »
    Has anybody gotten any retro Liverpool jerseys lately and if so can you Pm th details of where, thanks :)

Would also appreciate a heads up on this. Sandy has had a load of Utd ones in the last couple of months but the 2005 Istanbul one seems to be the only Liverpool one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

GBX wrote: »
    http://www.talessoccershop.com/index/Products.aspx?id=25&App=Items&Actions=League

This was my original site, maybe email them see what they say.
    Search dhgate for retro 89 and the Candy jerseys should come up. Saw some reviews from the UK with pictures and they looked good

Got hit with 40 quid import charges on my order today from Sandy. Hadn't happened before. Via DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

.G. wrote: »
    Got hit with 40 quid import charges on my order today from Sandy. Hadn't happened before. Via DHL.

How did customs arrive at that charge?! They usually put a false/low value on the item when shipping. Was it a big order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

On a somewhat related note, has anyone bought the retro Ireland jersey Sandy has? How's the quality? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was that DHl Express that cost $10?

givyjoe wrote:
    How did customs arrive at that charge?! They usually put a false/low value on the item when shipping. Was it a big order?

I haven't seen the packaging yet. Order total was 91 dollars so about 80 euro. The break down of the taxes was about 25 quid vat and the rest was a different charge whi h I can't remember the name of. They were supposed to email me a detailed receipt but they didn't.
    blade1 wrote:
    Was that DHl Express that cost $10?

Yeah but it was free for me as the order value was over 80 dollars.

I've got a PM from someone who can't post here that they got charged 60 euros this week on an order from Sandy and its the first time it's happened in over 20 orders so beware folks.

New United jersey from Sandy attached. Excellent quality. Sorry haven't the image rotated. Also got the spurs green one for a mate but I didn't open it.

[url] https://ibb.co/nPqWC8Y[/url]

New United jersey from Sandy attached. Excellent quality. Sorry haven't the image rotated. Also got the spurs green one for a mate but I didn't open it.

No pics uploaded?

I haven't seen the packaging yet. Order total was 91 dollars so about 80 euro. The break down of the taxes was about 25 quid vat and the rest was a different charge whi h I can't remember the name of. They were supposed to email me a detailed receipt but they didn't.

Yeah but it was free for me as the order value was over 80 dollars.

I've got a PM from someone who can't post here that they got charged 60 euros this week on an order from Sandy and its the first time it's happened in over 20 orders so beware folks.

You might be able to get out of the other charge, depending on what it is. Some shipping companies have a habit of lobbing on admin fees, to which you never signed up to, i.e. don't have a contract for, and therefore should be able to get out of. The Vat you'd have to pay alright. This link has a handy template email for getting out of dodgy courier fees.

Hococop wrote: »
    No pics uploaded?

Image was more than 4mb so couldn't upload. I've added a link there for direct image. Thanks

[url] https://ibb.co/nPqWC8Y[/url]

givyjoe wrote:
    You might be able to get out of the other charge, depending on what it is. Some shipping companies have a habit of lobbing on admin fees, to which you never signed up to, i.e. don't have a contract for, and therefore should be able to get out of. The Vat you'd have to pay alright.

So she had the value down as 40 us dollars. The second charge is a 2.5% advanced payment charge whatever that is. It's minimum value is 14.50 so that's what I got hit with.

Quality of all the kits are perfect although as I went up a size from my usual as last seasons large was OK, just a bit smaller than I'd like. I don't know how that compares to the proper ones as I haven't bought an official one in years. I used to get large when I do and I buy large in most T shirts, got XL this time and they are perfect.

So she had the value down as 40 us dollars. The second charge is a 2.5% advanced payment charge whatever that is. It's minimum value is 14.50 so that's what I got hit with.

Quality of all the kits are perfect although as I went up a size from my usual as last seasons large was OK, just a bit smaller than I'd like. I don't know how that compares to the proper ones as I haven't bought an official one in years. I used to get large when I do and I buy large in most T shirts, got XL this time and they are perfect.

Sounds like they're charging you for them having paid the customs for you, instead of holding it and waiting for you to pay before releasing. Its a bull**** charge and I'd ask them to credit you. Use that link for the copy and paste email.worst they'll say is no, I reckon they will give it back though.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Sounds like they're charging you for them having paid the customs for you, instead of holding it and waiting for you to pay before releasing. Its a bull**** charge and I'd ask them to credit you. Use that link for the copy and paste email.worst they'll say is no, I reckon they will give it back though.

Seems like they had actually sent it our before I paid as it arrived soon after I paid. Also there are documents with it asking for payment. So I may have actually got it before paying it. I'll email them and ask what its all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ordered from Sandy a couple of weeks ago, tracking number not working though. Anybody else have this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Ordered from Sandy a couple of weeks ago, tracking number not working though. Anybody else have this issue?

Only ordered last week but my tracking number is not working either

Did yous get DHL shipping from her, I ordered the Friday, got tracking number by email Monday and received the Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did yous get DHL shipping from her, I ordered the Friday, got tracking number by email Monday and received the Friday.

I just got the free standard shipping, first time ordering so wasn't sure. There's an option for $10 delivery, is that DHL?

Yeah

givyjoe wrote: »

They emailed me back. They're having none of it.

Regarding your query on the DHL Express €14.50 Advanced Payment Charge, this is an administration fee which is based on:

An administrative charge is applied to any import of a shipment for which DHL has to advance duties, taxes or regulatory charges for receivers with whom DHL has no contractual business relationship, e.g. private customers. DHL assumes the financial risk of non-repayment, for which the charge is applied based on the credit advanced, subject to a standard minimum. This information is also available on http://www.dhl.ie/en/express/optional_services.html

Should a customer have their own Credit Facility or Tan account set up with customs, this charge does not apply.

The first alternative to avoid the payment of the advanced payment charge to DHL Express is for DHL Express to hand your shipment over to your nominated customs broker to complete the Customs declaration on your behalf. If you wish to have this shipment and any future shipments handed over to your nominated broker, please reply to this email with their details otherwise the €14.50 Advanced Payment Charge will be assigned.

The second alternative to avoid the payment is to refuse to accept the delivery of your shipment, and advise DHL Express by replying to this email to return your shipment to the sender. Your shipment will be returned to the sender by DHL Express Ireland on a free of charge basis. It must be noted that DHL Express are not liable for any issue between you and your vendor regarding a refund/re-shipping of the product.

There will be no offer of any refund in relation to the Advance Payment Charge.

They emailed me back. They're having none of it.

wrote:
    Regarding your query on the DHL Express €14.50 Advanced Payment Charge, this is an administration fee which is based on:

An administrative charge is applied to any import of a shipment for which DHL has to advance duties, taxes or regulatory charges for receivers with whom DHL has no contractual business relationship, e.g. private customers. DHL assumes the financial risk of non-repayment, for which the charge is applied based on the credit advanced, subject to a standard minimum. This information is also available on http://www.dhl.ie/en/express/optional_services.html

Should a customer have their own Credit Facility or Tan account set up with customs, this charge does not apply.

The first alternative to avoid the payment of the advanced payment charge to DHL Express is for DHL Express to hand your shipment over to your nominated customs broker to complete the Customs declaration on your behalf. If you wish to have this shipment and any future shipments handed over to your nominated broker, please reply to this email with their details otherwise the €14.50 Advanced Payment Charge will be assigned.

The second alternative to avoid the payment is to refuse to accept the delivery of your shipment, and advise DHL Express by replying to this email to return your shipment to the sender. Your shipment will be returned to the sender by DHL Express Ireland on a free of charge basis. It must be noted that DHL Express are not liable for any issue between you and your vendor regarding a refund/re-shipping of the product.

There will be no offer of any refund in relation to the Advance Payment Charge.

That's a pretty outrageous aggressive response to be honest. It also makes no sense, they're applying a charge to you relating to risks of non payment, but you've paid, so there's no risk. Literally doesn't make sense. You've already received the order haven't you, before you paid the customs charge. No idea what the customers declaration involves, but you could be cheeky and state yourself as the broker!

To be honest, in future, I wouldn't ever bother with DHL. I was using DHL for all my orders but by the time they process the order and get it picked up by DHL, it's taking almost as long as sending it by e-packet.

Yeah I'll take my chances with An Post in future but DHL were fast, ordered Saturday, had it by the friday.

Gonna do an order with Sandy tomorrow so hopefully won't get caught with the extra charges

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Few bits from Sandy came today - Liverpool tracksuit,Seattle Sounders LS,Retro Juve LS and Liverpool keeper LS - all perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Few bits from Sandy came today - Liverpool tracksuit,Seattle Sounders LS,Retro Juve LS and Liverpool keeper LS - all perfect.

Advertisement