Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

keano25 wrote: »
    Anyone using shoot anymore?

I've an order shipped this morning via EMS - will see how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Just ordered off track top and jersey of Sandy and used the free option so will see how it takes to get to my PM. Fairly handy process to order. Just watch out for PayPal. If you change card or any setting it always defaults back to use their rates conversion method and if your linked to Revolut you are better using your card issuer conversion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Mines in a similar situation Claude,

Mines in been sorted and on route to Belfast depot.

It should it the depot early tomorrow.

Once its there, use the contact us form and request the 17 digit code. Let me know how much your asked to pay.

Mine was 18 bucks for 4 items last time, one was a tracksuit tho.

5 items this time but all shirts.

I'm just awaiting that code. I mailed at 2pm yesterday requesting it. As you say its on hold in the Belfast depot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

henke wrote: »
    Just ordered off track top and jersey of Sandy and used the free option so will see how it takes to get to my PM. Fairly handy process to order. Just watch out for PayPal. If you change card or any setting it always defaults back to use their rates conversion method and if your linked to Revolut you are better using your card issuer conversion.

Yeh sorry I should have mentioned this earlier on. I added my Revolut card to Paypal and went to pay Sandy, but it was defaulting to paying in GBP and then converting to USD on Paypal. I changed to pay in card issuer currency and had USD ready on my Revolut, dead handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

There is a guy I use as well called Mourad, excellent quality shirts and usually sends his stuff through the post. No issues with 4 shirts. He does football and NBA jerseys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My jerseys from sandy are stuck in customs in Belfast with parcelforce. Their site says they're sending a letter to the delivery address with payment amount and instructions. But it's being sent to parcel motel.

How do I go about getting my jerseys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

MarkY91 wrote: »
    My jerseys from sandy are stuck in customs in Belfast with parcelforce. Their site says they're sending a letter to the delivery address with payment amount and instructions. But it's being sent to parcel motel.

How do I go about getting my jerseys?

You collect the letter from parcel motel like you would a parcel and pay the amount and then they will be released from parcel motel

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You collect the letter from parcel motel like you would a parcel and pay the amount and then they will be released from parcel motel

Ah ok lol I didn't think parcel motel would do that.

Ah ok lol I didn't think parcel motel would do that.

They should process it the same as any item sent to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They should process it the same as any item sent to them

Just contact parcel force uk and give them the tracking number and request the customs payment reference. No need to wait or pay for a letter to PM.

• Advertisement

So 3 weeks ago I got 4 items through UK customs at 18 euro. 1 kids kit, 2 jerseys and 1 tracksuit.

This week its 4 items again, 2 kids kit 1 BB jersey and 1 jersey.

Customs this time 28 euro.

So 3 weeks ago I got 4 items through UK customs at 18 euro. 1 kids kit, 2 jerseys and 1 tracksuit.

This week its 4 items again, 2 kids kit 1 BB jersey and 1 jersey.

Customs this time 28 euro.

the customs charge would be based on the value of the package wouldnt it ?
    i had 130 usd of items and the value was 18usd so no charge and straight through customs

what were your values on the packages ?

the customs charge would be based on the value of the package wouldnt it ?
    i had 130 usd of items and the value was 18usd so no charge and straight through customs

what were your values on the packages ?

70 each time. Though on the first one was discounted by Sandy. So I paid less but same value of goods.

No problem paying the extra 10 as its still great value. Just curious more than anything

70 each time. Though on the first one was discounted by Sandy. So I paid less but same value of goods.

No problem paying the extra 10 as its still great value. Just curious more than anything

i am surprised sandy valued them on the declaration as being 70

i am surprised sandy valued them on the declaration as being 70

Well I dont know what value she put on the declaration though.

Where is that info available? On the package itself?

Well I dont know what value she put on the declaration though.

Where is that info available? On the package itself?

Yes it’s on a bit of paper on the outside of the bag

Yes it’s on a bit of paper on the outside of the bag

Yeah ive binned them without seeing that. I will note it this time. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Is it quite obvious from the tracking if a parcel is being held by customs in the UK? Have 2 seperate ones on the way.

sgarvan wrote: »
    Is it quite obvious from the tracking if a parcel is being held by customs in the UK? Have 2 seperate ones on the way.

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

I have used both Shoot and Sandy throughout the years. Equally happy with both.
    Looking to put in an order of about 6 jerseys. Who and what type of postage would ye all recommend at the moment considering that some deliveries seem to be getting stopped?

raddo wrote: »
    Looking to put in an order of about 6 jerseys. Who and what type of postage would ye all recommend at the moment considering that some deliveries seem to be getting stopped?

use a uk parcel forwarding company and chances are you will be fine, dont forget the amount of orders that get through without an issue dont get reported on here.

I can only speak for myself, 2 orders used via PM UK, both stopped but small fees to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

One jersey and a couple of face masks through this morning from shoot jerseys free post option to my Irish address no customs and ordered 7.9.20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭testtech05

davehey79 wrote: »
    One jersey and a couple of face masks through this morning from shoot jerseys free post option to my Irish address no customs and ordered 7.9.20

I ordered 2 jerseys from them on the 28th of August paid for EMS shipping and no sign of them yet, tracking says they left China on the 6th of September but nothing since. I think I will use free post next time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ordered 4 jerseys and a training jumper/jacket from sandy on the 9th of September - arrived with parcel motel yesterday (through customs no bother)

Will update here the quality when I get them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Has anybody got the Liverpool home jersey off of Sandy yet?

What's the quality and sizing like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Luap wrote: »

I've found Sallys stuff has been poor the last few times i've ordered. Stickers coming off easily enough and labels peeling even after cold wash.

Is this just for me or anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Blanco100 wrote: »
    I've found Sallys stuff has been poor the last few times i've ordered. Stickers coming off easily enough and labels peeling even after cold wash.

Is this just for me or anyone else experience this?

Never had this in fairness and been buying for years always wash mine on an 40° with jerseys inside out

I got the kids Liverpool jersey and its perfect.

Wash on 40 and its holding up perfect.

Compared it with the real one and couldnt find a fault.

Always go a size bigger though. If small get a medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Luap wrote: »

I've got the red one. Its identical to the stadium version thats 70 pound in the club shop, not the vapour version. Quality is perfect. I'd normally be a large with official jerseys over the years but always get XL from Sandy. NB ones were a bit too large but the Nike one is fine.

• Advertisement

raddo wrote: »

I used both recently.

Shoot - order made it to Saudi Arabia then returned to sender

Sandy - order stuck in parcel force with no way of paying so it will be returned to sender.

I used both recently.

Shoot - order made it to Saudi Arabia then returned to sender

Sandy - order stuck in parcel force with no way of paying so it will be returned to sender.

How could you not pay with Parcel Force?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TheHopeful

Can someone pm me Sandy's site please? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

TheHopeful wrote: »
    Can someone pm me Sandy's site please? Thanks.

If you Google Sandy's jerseys it's the first search result ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I know it's probably been asked a hundred times but..

1. Gonna get a rugby jersey or two for myself and the missus from Sandy's.. Six Nation's coming back and all: http://m.sandycn.net/Rugby-c21131.html. Standard fitting to here? As in maybe try one on in Elverys and order same size.
    2. Free shipping OK or better to pay for fast delivery? Bearing in mind we're in no rush.
    3. ParcelWizard or ParcelMotel still the way to go I assume?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

China golden week holiday coming up 1st October until 7th October , a heads up to anyone who is ordering anything , the place will more or shut down for a week , so post or orders won’t move or slow to move.

I got an epacket delivery from China post off dhgate today , it’s my second order recently which arrived in a little over 2 weeks from shIpping date . Happy out .Got some man united retros , off 2 different sellers , exact same great quality and cuts out the middle man of sites selling them at silly prices .

Basq wrote: »
    I know it's probably been asked a hundred times but..

1. Gonna get a rugby jersey or two for myself and the missus from Sandy's.. Six Nation's coming back and all: http://m.sandycn.net/Rugby-c21131.html. Standard fitting to here? As in maybe try one on in Elverys and order same size.
    2. Free shipping OK or better to pay for fast delivery? Bearing in mind we're in no rush.
    3. ParcelWizard or ParcelMotel still the way to go I assume?

Thanks!
    Bump on above.. mainly sizing question.

Not been much asked about rugby jersey sizing on thread in last year - anyone got one recently?

Not been much asked about rugby jersey sizing on thread in last year - anyone got one recently?

Sandy has a size chart on the site that is spot on

Sandy has a size chart on the site that is spot on
    http://m.sandycn.net/Size-Reference-n276399.html

Football and rugby jerseys sizes tend to differ though in my experience..?

Never ordered one myself, but I remember others saying the Irish Rugby shirts were off colour.

I would be warey. Brands like Nike, Puma and Adidas have been fine by me, even retro Umbro shirts.

• Advertisement

^ Really?! Damn!

Maybe Shoots more reliable?

^ Really?! Damn!

Maybe Shoots more reliable?

Send sandy (or whatever their name really is) a WhatsApp, if the shirts are not good they won’t list them on the site, I’m after the latest arsenal shirt and they said it can be sourced but it’s not great and best to wait a week or two

I’m sure rugby shirts are more fitted now along in line with the soccer shirts by worth a text about colour and sizing if you want to check, I’ve had basketball shirts rugby shirt baseball shirts and tracksuits from sandy and shoot and always used the simile guide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just got a mail from ParcelMotel - my jersey has arrived in the Dublin depot. Looks like it made it through customs, although it’s just a single jersey so would’ve been unlucky to have been stopped.

It’s the Liverpool home jersey - I’ll report back and add pics once I get my hands on it

Just got a mail from ParcelMotel - my jersey has arrived in the Dublin depot. Looks like it made it through customs, although it’s just a single jersey so would’ve been unlucky to have been stopped.

It’s the Liverpool home jersey - I’ll report back and add pics once I get my hands on it

Good to know that they can get through customs though I would suggest the one jersey would have a better chance at getting past over a bundle.

My latest order is a week since I submitted it, 10 shirts. Hopefully it will get through ok.

Dont mind paying customs a few quid but Id rather not.

Send sandy (or whatever their name really is) a WhatsApp, if the shirts are not good they won’t list them on the site, I’m after the latest arsenal shirt and they said it can be sourced but it’s not great and best to wait a week or two

I’m sure rugby shirts are more fitted now along in line with the soccer shirts by worth a text about colour and sizing if you want to check, I’ve had basketball shirts rugby shirt baseball shirts and tracksuits from sandy and shoot and always used the simile guide
    FYI - Sandy indicated not getting any feedback on poor colour for jerseys but recommended putting in a small order in to find out..

She also attached a rugby jersey size guide..

IMG-20200924-WA0000.jpg

How are people measuring chest? I'd always measure under the armpit around until tape meets but these measurements don't look right if that's the case. Would have said medium is typically 100cm chest size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

FYI - Sandy indicated not getting any feedback on poor colour for jerseys but recommended putting in a small order in to find out..

She also attached a rugby jersey size guide..

IMG-20200924-WA0000.jpg

How are people measuring chest? I'd always measure under the armpit around until tape meets but these measurements don't look right if that's the case. Would have said medium is typically 100cm chest size.

Would it be 54cm armpit to armpit, on a jersey laid flat, so 108cm in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Got my jerseys today, good quality, very pleased with them

https://pasteboard.co/Jsy8gPo.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/Jsy92Sd.jpg

The Mulk wrote: »
    Would it be 54cm armpit to armpit, on a jersey laid flat, so 108cm in total?
    Yeah, more likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

http://m.sandycn.net/Size-Reference-n276399.html

Football and rugby jerseys sizes tend to differ though in my experience..?

if its any good to you i ordered this one.
    XXL in usual Adidas and got 3XL in this to be safe.
    http://www.shootjerseys.cc/Chiefs-2020-Super-Rugby-Home-Jersey-p1135051.html

BUT material has no give like real Adidas jersey (have real Leinster one)
    and the size is at best an XL

• Advertisement

davehey79 wrote: »
    if its any good to you i ordered this one.
    XXL in usual Adidas and got 3XL in this to be safe.
    http://www.shootjerseys.cc/Chiefs-2020-Super-Rugby-Home-Jersey-p1135051.html

BUT material has no give like real Adidas jersey (have real Leinster one)
    and the size is at best an XL

i got that shirt in a large as a gift and it is the same as a medium adidas t shirt size wise fits perfectly on me i was worried about length being 6ft 4

Advertisement