Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyway to get around the credit card fee with a payment request? Or do you have to link to bank account to have no fees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Basq wrote: »
    Anyway to get around the credit card fee with a payment request? Or do you have to link to bank account to have no fees?

I chose pay for goods and services and got charged no fee. I think it goes onto their side but it wasn't questioned.

henke wrote: »
    I chose pay for goods and services and got charged no fee. I think it goes onto their side but it wasn't questioned.
    I clicked that but it’s still indicating a fee when trying to pay with any card..
    These standard fees apply when sending from debit or credit card, or when sending to another country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just pay the fee. You're getting the shirts and goods at a bargain rate, with excellent quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

add revolut or similar to paypal and let the card do the currency conversion sorted

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    add revolut or similar to paypal and let the card do the currency conversion sorted
    I have my Revolut card added and it still wants to convert it. :confused:

there is a setting in paypal to allow the card to pay in the currency the bill is in, if you cant find it hop onto revolut chat they are very helpful and will talk you through the steps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ordered 4 jerseys and a training jumper/jacket from sandy on the 9th of September - arrived with parcel motel yesterday (through customs no bother)

Will update here the quality when I get them!

Got Utd Home and Away
    Utd training jacket
    Liverpool Home long-sleeved
    Arsenal "Patrick Bateman" Away Jersey

All absolutely perfect, faultless fit (went the size we would all usually get in the "real" ones) and spot on quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Got Utd Home and Away
    Utd training jacket

All absolutely perfect, faultless fit (went the size we would all usually get in the "real" ones) and spot on quality.

Cool, I ordered through parcel motel today so glad they got through, what size did you order?...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just collected my jersey and lads I have to say, I am very impressed - excellent quality, perfect fit. Would defo deal with Sandy again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

Got Utd Home and Away
    Utd training jacket

would most who order from Sandy order a size up from normal?

showpony1 wrote: »
    would most who order from Sandy order a size up from normal?

I normally wear XL and I order XXL because definitely XL would be tight so would be great to hear of anyone who has ordered from Sandy about the jerseys and the fit and length also where it differs in fit from a "real" jersey

Order the size you need from the size guide on sandys site it’s very accurate
    I think we need a couple of stickies at this stage with the same questions coming up daily

You can’t say order a size up etc because people prefer a different fit, all the measurements are there online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Order the size you need from the size guide on sandys site it’s very accurate
    I think we need a couple of stickies at this stage with the same questions coming up daily

You can’t say order a size up etc because people prefer a different fit, all the measurements are there online

I think it also depends on the manufacturer, for example I find that PUMA sizes are quite big compared to an Adidas shirt both of the same size.
    I have a kappa shirt and it's very snug.

My Nike shirts are similar size to Adidas.

So it's really difficult to say go an extra size up without knowing the full facts.

For less than €20 a shirt you'd swear people were paying the full RRP with the repeated questions they ask on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Esse85 wrote: »
    I think it also depends on the manufacturer, for example I find that PUMA sizes are quite big compared to an Adidas shirt both of the same size.
    I have a kappa shirt and it's very snug.

My Nike shirts are similar size to Adidas.

So it's really difficult to say go an extra size up without knowing the full facts.

For less than €20 a shirt you'd swear people were paying the full RRP with the repeated questions they ask on here.

In fairness there's no point ordering a load of cheap gear only for it to be too small, cheap or not, if it doesn't fit it's a waste of money.

I do agree there should be a sticky or the first post updated with some answers.

Like the websites or even how to find them of boards don't want to put the actual address, the difference between Thai jersey and normal, sizes ( I always order a size up and it's generally fine), using PM and customs issues, etc. One single post in the OP could clear up a lot and save a lot of time

This is it wrote: »
    In fairness there's no point ordering a load of cheap gear only for it to be too small, cheap or not, if it doesn't fit it's a waste of money.

I do agree there should be a sticky or the first post updated with some answers.

Like the websites or even how to find them of boards don't want to put the actual address, the difference between Thai jersey and normal, sizes ( I always order a size up and it's generally fine), using PM and customs issues, etc. One single post in the OP could clear up a lot and save a lot of time

But the only way you will know for sure is with trial and error.

Get 2 jerseys first, have a bang at a size and go from there.

Im sure if its too big or two small, youll have a family member for friend to take it off you. At rougly 15 quid a shirt, its a small price to pay long term. I got my first buys 2 years ago, sussed out the size and have had many orders since all succesful

beakerjoe wrote: »
    But the only way you will know for sure is with trial and error.

Get 2 jerseys first, have a bang at a size and go from there.

Im sure if its too big or two small, youll have a family member for friend to take it off you. At rougly 15 quid a shirt, its a small price to pay long term. I got my first buys 2 years ago, sussed out the size and have had many orders since all succesful

Yeah it’s not rocket science

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

That is very odd. I just done this example now if I were to send 17 dollars from my Revolut card. So if I was paying for an item here I would have proceeded to Send and there is no fee on my side. Are you sure there isn't anything different on your setup?

Just got notification my parcel is being held by parcel force and I have to wait to get a letter to pay customs...anyone know the general amount they usually charge? Is it high?...

henke wrote: »
    That is very odd. I just done this example now if I were to send 17 dollars from my Revolut card. So if I was paying for an item here I would have proceeded to Send and there is no fee on my side. Are you sure there isn't anything different on your setup?
    It's appearing without fees this morning strangely enough.. I did confirm my bank account yesterday so maybe that helped.

• Advertisement

jk23 wrote: »
    Just got notification my parcel is being held by parcel force and I have to wait to get a letter to pay customs...anyone know the general amount they usually charge? Is it high?...

They have a belfast depot. When the package gets passed to the depot after custom charges have been placed give the depot a call. They will give you a 17 digit number to pay.

Ive had 2 packages, both 70 euro worth stopped.

18 euro first time, 25 euro the 3 next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

What value is sandy putting on packages these days? Last time I ordered she'd put down maybe €17 for a €90 order

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭doney84

Got the same message this morning. Phoned the depot in Belfast and got my 17 digit number & paid online. £28.03 which was made up of Vat £16.03 and a clearance fee of £12.

doney84 wrote: »
    Got the same message this morning. Phoned the depot in Belfast and got my 17 digit number & paid online. £28.03 which was made up of Vat £16.03 and a clearance fee of £12.

How did you get the 17 digit number I can't get through to a human on the phone

How did you get the 17 digit number I can't get through to a human on the phone

+44 344 209 6199 was on hold for about 10mins before someone answered

+44 344 209 6199 was on hold for about 10mins before someone answered

Just got through there and paid, thanks for the info

My last one was similar.

How many items did you have and what price did you pay with Sandy?

My last one was similar.

How many items did you have and what price did you pay with Sandy?

1 track suit, 1 adult long sleeve jersey, 1 adult training top and 1full kids kit.

Think Sandy charged me $104

1 track suit, 1 adult long sleeve jersey, 1 adult training top and 1full kids kit.

Think Sandy charged me $104

Mine was 2 shirts, 2 kids kits at 80 USD with badges etc.

So mine was 25 pounds.

So 100 quid or so for the 4 jerseys, which cost 70 each in town was a good deal for me, esp as one is a hard to get retro shirt.

• Advertisement

Mine was 2 shirts, 2 kids kits at 80 USD with badges etc.

So mine was 25 pounds.

So 100 quid or so for the 4 jerseys, which cost 70 each in town was a good deal for me, esp as one is a hard to get retro shirt.

Yeah definitely still a good deal. Will cost me between €120-€130 by the time I've collected it with Parcel Motel. The same money would probably only cover the adult jersey and training top if bought in the likes of Lifestyle etc. Forgot to mention the adult jersey and kid jersey in my order also have badges so happy enough with that.

Haven't bought off these sites in a few years, last I used was Shoot. Tried Sandy this time so hopefully the stuff is of decent quality.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This is it wrote: »

Tbh that level of detail is on the respective websites to guide their customers on.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Tbh that level of detail is on the respective websites to guide their customers on.

Its like any clothes website. Ive bought things from Lifestyle and Sports Dircet that havent fit as I would hope.

Difference is you take a bigger risk for the reduced price. Its all part of the risk.

You dont like the risk, go buy your gear in Lifestyle.

Sandy has saved me so much over the last 2 years, quality always excellent on the shirts and shes always very reasonable when items were seized (once so far thank god).

Van Nistelrooy psv 1998 jersey

https://pasteboard.co/JsL7O2G3.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/JsL84iUn.jpg

Shearer no.9 1997 Newcastle jersey

https://pasteboard.co/JsL8jId.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/JsL8G95.jpg

Larsson no.17 Manchester United jersey

https://pasteboard.co/JsLaIho.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/JsLbPHf.jpg

Got this from Mourad, very good seller and sends everything with An Post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

Has anyone ever got a package stopped in customs with an post? Got a package from shoot been accessed by customs. Do they look for much of a fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Sorted

• Advertisement

Pool4Life wrote: »
    Has anyone ever got a package stopped in customs with an post? Got a package from shoot been accessed by customs. Do they look for much of a fee?

More chance that they wont look for a fee, most likely will be seized and destroyed. Irish Customs clamped down big time since lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

More chance that they wont look for a fee, most likely will be seized and destroyed. Irish Customs clamped down big time since lockdown

Thanks. Disaster !!

Pool4Life wrote: »
    Thanks. Disaster !!

Sadly its happened to me. Accept the loss.

Customs will send you a letter alledging the goods are counterfeit and ask you if your willing to dispute their findings. They will usually alledge they are breaching copyright law.

Unless you can prove they ain't counterfeit , which you cant, they will be destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Just got delivery from Sandy! Got the new Leeds home kit not perfect though, feels blue's a bit too dark and crest is a bit off! Can't complain for the price, but feel like it could be improved!

Few pics here in case anyone is curious!

https://shop.leedsunited.com/JER20101

Must compare to a real one in JD Sports in town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

There's a customs officer lives near me.. his young lad has a different soccer jersey on everyday of the week.. we reckon he's seizing half the jerseys coming into the country!

• Advertisement

keano25 wrote: »
    There's a customs officer lives near me.. his young lad has a different soccer jersey on everyday of the week.. we reckon he's seizing half the jerseys coming into the country!

Better him have them than them being destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

had a kids United Full Kit delivered from Sandy this morning, exactly 3 weeks after payment

Pretty good quality and a 7 year old won't care, got the badges, name and number think it was 21 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Maybe has been answered before, but both the Sandy and ShootJersey sites are not secure... usually i wouldn't dream if buying anything from an unsecured site but obviously many have, without issue i presume?

LowOdour wrote: »
    Maybe has been answered before, but both the Sandy and ShootJersey sites are not secure... usually i wouldn't dream if buying anything from an unsecured site but obviously many have, without issue i presume?
    You don't pay there.. well, not Sandy anyways.

You receive a payment request via PayPal.

You don't pay there.. well, not Sandy anyways.

You receive a payment request via PayPal.

Yes I am the same I always get a money request to my PayPal

There’s no checkout facility on shoot or sandys site it’s all done via PayPal after the order has been placed, the sites are just merely a way to look at the stock and compile your order

There’s no checkout facility on shoot or sandys site it’s all done via PayPal after the order has been placed, the sites are just merely a way to look at the stock and compile your order

Cheers for all the replies folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Wondering how long it took people’s package to deliver after getting to “Langley HWDC”?

2 more questions!

Placed an order a couple of hours ago. Does it take long form the payment email to come through?

Is there any benefit to using Parcel Motel over getting it delivered directly to me. Is the likelihood it getting lifted by customs any different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

Hi all, does anyone have any experience in buying tracksuits from Sandy?
    Thinking of getting nephews some Arsenal gear and would like to know if the quality is good and what the sizing is like.
    11 year old, 14 year old and 18 year old.

• Advertisement
Advertisement