Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

but1er wrote: »
    Lads, I cant recommend DHGATE enough for ordering jerseys must of ordered over 10 jerseys to my home address with no hassle from customs. they work out about 17eur a pop. Would really recommend going that route.

i am the same, buy off DHGATE, one jersey at a time , arrives in the door with my postman in ball park 3 weeks from time of shipping, never had I any issues with customs.

The regular seller I buy off sent me his details and I can buy direct off him/her , pay via paypal and he knocks a couple of dollars off the price .

Last retro jersey I bought cost me 15.75 euro delivered to my door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You go onto their site go to place an order then have to wait till they send a paypal invoice for you to pay.
    With the time difference it can take a day or 2 to get it sorted.

I prefer just ordering what I want in one go.

If you text her with the order number she sends the invoice straight away and you pay by PayPal, if you choose to wait for the invoice that’s on you
    She is very accommodating on text imo

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Most people getting caught are the ones not using PM

It's well commented on here that your chances of having your package caught by customs increases big time when using your home address.

It seems people are too stingy to pay the extra €4 for PM or too lazy to research on here the most effective way to receive your delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you text her with the order number she sends the invoice straight away and you pay by PayPal, if you choose to wait for the invoice that’s on you
    She is very accommodating on text imo

Like bend over backwards accommodating. Thats why I go back. Great service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

On the sandy jerseys.

I'm normally a large. Do I order a large?

Also buying for someone who else who is...let's say a larger man who is normally an XL.

Are the jerseys same sizing as the shop bought ones or tighter? Want to get this right as they're a few Christmas presents.

Cheers.

On the sandy jerseys.

I'm normally a large. Do I order a large?

Also buying for someone who else who is...let's say a larger man who is normally an XL.

Are the jerseys same sizing as the shop bought ones or tighter? Want to get this right as they're a few Christmas presents.

Cheers.

different brands/shops have different sizes so it is best to use the size chart on the website it is spot on, just throw a tape around your chest and away you go.

Glebee wrote: »
    Will I bother sending customs back the invoice from Sandy to see what they say??

No harm in it, but I dont think it will bare much fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hey all, are the tracksuits true to size or are they similar to the jerseys that you'd need to size up?

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Hey all, are the tracksuits true to size or are they similar to the jerseys that you'd need to size up?

Use the size guide on the website

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote:
    Use the size guide on the website

Hey omega, Ive used that alright but was just wondering how accurate it would be for the tracksuits. Sure look the only way to find out is to get one and see I guess.

Hey omega, Ive used that alright but was just wondering how accurate it would be for the tracksuits. Sure look the only way to find out is to get one and see I guess.

Well I ordered a Jordan one in the summer.

Wasnt too impressed but it wasnt bad. I wear large in jerseys normally and but XL off Sandy. I usually wear an XL in hoodys, wo as this trackie was a hoody I gambled and went up a size.

Hoodie was fine. Pants were a bit off size wise, waist was elasticated but tight and crotch was a little tight but legs were long and baggy. Not unwearable but not perfect either.

I am gonna chance my arm with a United trackie soon though.

Tracksuits are the same as the football shirts size wise, quality isn’t great in the tracksuit bottoms but they lasted a year going to the gym so I’m not going to argue at that price

beakerjoe wrote:
    Wasnt too impressed but it wasnt bad. I wear large in jerseys normally and but XL off Sandy. I usually wear an XL in hoodys, wo as this trackie was a hoody I gambled and went up a size.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Hoodie was fine. Pants were a bit off size wise, waist was elasticated but tight and crotch was a little tight but legs were long and baggy. Not unwearable but not perfect either.

beakerjoe wrote:
    I am gonna chance my arm with a United trackie soon though.

OmegaGene wrote:
    Tracksuits are the same as the football shirts size wise, quality isn’t great in the tracksuit bottoms but they lasted a year going to the gym so I’m not going to argue at that price

Cheers lads much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just got letter from Revenue about package im expecting from Sandy. 5 items worth about 85 euro. What am I supposed to do? Is it just email back my receipt and see what they are going to charge me? If time ive had something stopped.

Sent back an email to Revenue showing a Paypal payment for 81 euro to Sandy. They sent me back an email saying I owed import duty of 25euro on the package. Jerseys arrived this morning and I gave the postman 25euro...:D

Sent back an email to Revenue showing a Paypal payment for 81 euro to Sandy. They sent me back an email saying I owed import duty of 25euro on the package. Jerseys arrived this morning and I gave the postman 25euro...:D

Awesome dude.

• Advertisement

Did they bother opening it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Did they bother opening it ?

It actually looked like they never bothered opening. Maybe they we not interested in the Spurs gear inside:D:D

It actually looked like they never bothered opening. Maybe they we not interested in the Spurs gear inside:D:D

relegation fodder arsenal gear on the way to mine, they will probably throw that away doing me a favour :D

glad you got your order, even the duty added makes it a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Got 2 retro ireland jersey delivered via PM no issues. Ordered s,m sizes. In case anyone ordering I'm normally a medium in jerseys but it ended up being too big, so will be reordering the S again(as the other was a present) as that was a perfect fit. I measured the M against a Spurs M I had previously got and you could see there was a bit of difference between them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ordered from Cindy. One wash

Never again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Never again!

godtabh wrote: »

Never again!

Who’s cindy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is it too late to order for Xmas ?

Who’s cindy ?

I think that autocorrected. Should be Sandy

I think that autocorrected. Should be Sandy

You must have either got a bad shirt or washed it in the machine too hot
    I’m wearing one now that’s 2 years old from Sandy and it’s perfect, send her a text and see what she says

You must have either got a bad shirt or washed it in the machine too hot
    I’m wearing one now that’s 2 years old from Sandy and it’s perfect, send her a text and see what she says

Washed at 30 degrees abs no where near a thimble dryer.

I’ve emailed them so we’ll see

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Is it too late to order for Xmas ?

Definitely not.

Was it just the one shirt you ordered that went like that or was this just one of a number of shirts?

Hand wash only according to the washing advice that came with all my shirts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

I wash my shirts from Sandy at 30 and usually forget to turn them inside out. Hold up fine. Might have been unlucky to get a bad jersey.

• Advertisement

Ive only ever had 1 jersey ruined from Sandy and that was down to a 40 wash. My own fault.

Should be hamdwashed but I always 30 it. Never an issue.

Used to work in Champion, loads of jerseys returned from folks who accidentally washed at high temps. They never admitted fault obviously. Mine never feel apart on a 30 though only when I washes higher or tumble dried it.

I put all my shirts in the washing machine at 30 and no issues. I could not be bothered hand washing them, if I had to do that I'd rather pay full price from a retailer and use the washing machine.

Just an update from myself. Got a Liverpool tracksuit and went up a size and fits perfect even the bottoms are fine no issues.

Got a jacket my standard size thinking jackets might be a bit bigger of a fit. Should have sized up there. It fits but I would have preferred bigger.

Ordered using fast shipping on the 5th of November and it arrived today via parcel wizard.

Ordered a Jersey back in September that still hasn't turned up. Used the standard shipping for that so maybe it got lost on route. Been onto sandy who's offered to replace the Jersey on my next order or resend it now if I pay for the fast shipping which is ideal.

Overall very happy with the quality and speed of delivery.

Lesson learned not to use the standard shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Order I placed with Sandy on 5th arrived today via Parcel Wizard. No customs issues.

Included a Leeds away top, the quality is so much better than the same jersey from Shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Hi guys does anyone know if DHGate takes very long? Just checked my order which was shipped today and estimated time says "17/2/2021" :O

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    Hi guys does anyone know if DHGate takes very long? Just checked my order which was shipped today and estimated time says "17/2/2021" :O

all depends ho the seller is, dh gate is much like ebay where you have many sellers under one umbrella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The sellers put that to cover themselves so you can’t open a dispute / refund claim until that date has passed .
    I’m seeing 3 to 4 week arrival time for the jerseys I have ordered off DHgate in recent months .

my latest order from sandy was the 10th of this month and they are with parcel motel today, express shipping free with $80 spend is alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

andrew1977 wrote: »
    The sellers put that to cover themselves so you can’t open a dispute / refund claim until that date has passed .
    I’m seeing 3 to 4 week arrival time for the jerseys I have ordered off DHgate in recent months .

Thanks

I also ordered some stuff off Shoot, including runners. They've loads of Nikes, Adidas etc at really low prices so gave it a go. Will let yous know how I get on

• Advertisement

Thanks

I also ordered some stuff off Shoot, including runners. They've loads of Nikes, Adidas etc at really low prices so gave it a go. Will let yous know how I get on

Fake trainers could ruin your feet, if you look at the Nike sale now and with 30% discount code you snag some real bargains
    I picked up a pair recently from €165 down to €60

Fake trainers could ruin your feet, if you look at the Nike sale now and with 30% discount code you snag some real bargains
    I picked up a pair recently from €165 down to €60

Plus one. Quality of trainers is shockingly bad. They dont last and can cause you to get foot pain long term. Not worth it.

As Gene says, sales are a better bet.

Got a pair of football boots before and they fell apart on first use. Looked the part but shoddy quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

What’s the story with delivery from Sandy? I have 4 units for the young lads, any advice on best delivery method etc? Should I get another to bring it to 5?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    What’s the story with delivery from Sandy? I have 4 units for the young lads, any advice on best delivery method etc? Should I get another to bring it to 5?

Sandy is of the belief that quanity doesnt make a difference in being caught with customs. I am more cautious.

I have had an order of 10 items before and it here successfully using the UK Parcel Motel address.

I usually got for 5 items per order though and always use Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Plus one. Quality of trainers is shockingly bad. They dont last and can cause you to get foot pain long term. Not worth it.

As Gene says, sales are a better bet.

Got a pair of football boots before and they fell apart on first use. Looked the part but shoddy quality.

I don't agree at all. |I spent months looking for a good supplier and i got a great one. My son got football boots, used 3 times a week and still going strong, not a problem at all.

It all about getting the right supplier.

I don't agree at all. |I spent months looking for a good supplier and i got a great one. My son got football boots, used 3 times a week and still going strong, not a problem at all.

Well I can only speak for the one I used. Twas ****e.

Fair play if youve found a good one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Sandy is of the belief that quanity doesnt make a difference in being caught with customs. I am more cautious.

I have had an order of 10 items before and it here successfully using the UK Parcel Motel address.

I usually got for 5 items per order though and always use Parcel Motel.

Yeah, i got 2 tracksuits and 2 jerseys earlier this week, was waiting 10 days from shipment with Parcel Motel.
    It was over $90 I total so free EMS shipping, well worth it

Let’s see how his feet are in a few years, not sure why you would bother with fake boots or trainers when the sales are so good online
    Once your feet are damaged it’s a nightmare, each to their own I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Plenty of good suppliers to be found there.

I always go for suppliers with a high volume of transactions, good reviews.. specifically referencing the delivery times. Always keep an eye on their terms re: days to dispatch. Whoever originally found Sandy was incredibly lucky, she is not the norm. Shoot are extremely hit and miss and there's a few floating around instagram that are absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Let’s see how his feet are in a few years, not sure why you would bother with fake boots or trainers when the sales are so good online
    Once your feet are damaged it’s a nightmare, each to their own I guess

What?! Have you ever heard of anyone resulting in permanent damage from counterfeit boots?! The same logic applies to the jerseys if you're that worried, christ knows what substandard or unsafe materials/chemicals are used on unofficial jerseys.

To clarify further, i've had official boots absolutely tear the feet off me, adidas ones to be specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

givyjoe wrote: »
    What?! Have you ever heard of anyone resulting in permanent damage from counterfeit boots?! The same logic applies to the jerseys if you're that worried, christ knows what substandard or unsafe materials/chemicals are used on unofficial jerseys.

To clarify further, i've had official boots absolutely tear the feet off me, adidas ones to be specific.

I've worn fake jocks................i have 3 kids:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement