Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Tracking a delivery from DH Gate , it shows arrived Dublin 10th Dec and delivered 14th Dec
    But no sign of it on my side , is this delivered to wrong address or something that happens a lot and it will eventually turn up ?

May have given you the wrong tracking number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

have shoot stopped producing the old retro man united jerseys??. do not see them on the site any more.

bassy wrote: »
    have shoot stopped producing the old retro man united jerseys??. do not see them on the site any more.

found them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

A regular question but has anyone got pics of boots they have received from our Chinese friends? Wouldn't mind a pair of predator manias for those special occasions when the ground is hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

2 month delivery time from shoot.

**** that, I'd rather just pay for a real jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

MarkY91 wrote: »
    2 month delivery time from shoot.

**** that, I'd rather just pay for a real jersey

all deliveries are taking a hammering lately, amazon giving me 3 weeks eta

pesky pandemic is messing with freight worldwide

try sandy

1. Shipping Methods

We Offer Fast Delivery And Standard Shipping Worldwide.

2. Estimated Shipping Time

Fast Delivery: Around 7-14 Working days ( affected by C19 crisis, delivery time is not guaranteed,please contact our customer service.)

Standard Shipping: Around 2-4 weeks

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    all deliveries are taking a hammering lately, amazon giving me 3 weeks eta

pesky pandemic is messing with freight worldwide

try sandy

1. Shipping Methods

We Offer Fast Delivery And Standard Shipping Worldwide.

2. Estimated Shipping Time

Fast Delivery: Around 7-14 Working days ( affected by C19 crisis, delivery time is not guaranteed,please contact our customer service.)

Standard Shipping: Around 2-4 weeks

No difference via epacket regardless of which seller you buy from. They all end up in the same postal service. Sometimes it takes excessively long, ie. 2 months, most of the time not.

givyjoe wrote: »
    No difference via epacket regardless of which seller you buy from. They all end up in the same postal service. Sometimes it takes excessively long, ie. 2 months, most of the time not.

i have found sandy to dispatch the items much quicker than shoot which helps and i use the express which has been 7-10 days of late

i have found sandy to dispatch the items much quicker than shoot which helps and i use the express which has been 7-10 days of late

Not much difference between the two, Sandy is usually 4 days, Shoot 7, which in the grand scheme of epacket shipping times, doesn't make much of a difference. Sandy is much better than Shoot in general, but the shipping times really are nothing to do with the sellers.

• Advertisement

Not much difference between the two, Sandy is usually 4 days, Shoot 7, which in the grand scheme of epacket shipping times, doesn't make much of a difference. Sandy is much better than Shoot in general, but the shipping times really are nothing to do with the sellers.
    i agree the shipping is all coming on the same route but my last shoot order wasnt despatched for two weeks

i agree the shipping is all coming on the same route but my last shoot order wasnt despatched for two weeks

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Same here for shoot, it was about 14 days from order to shipping even though they were texting to say it would be sent tomorrow, and then again tomorrow

Placed a order on shoot before Xmas and was shipped on 21st dec and received it today,well impressed with delivery time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Are people back to using their own home address now that PMs virtual UK address is gone?

Im gonna get an NHL shirt.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Are people back to using their own home address now that PMs virtual UK address is gone?

Im gonna get an NHL shirt.

I used my home address and no probs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Many more people have much luck ordering from Sandy to home address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Bought 4 jerseys all delivered fine to my home address, took 18 days.

However all were supposed to be large but all are completely different sizes.

One jersey completely off-color ( not the first time that has happend).

Jersey have an absolutely terrible terrible smell off them also.

Very dissapointed. I've attached images.

Photo one. Colour supposed to be blue but really really dark so jersey sign design ruined.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 17.04.30.jpeg

Photo two - Tear on shoulder

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 16.33.04.jpeg

Photo three - Both large - both different sizes

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 16.31.42.jpeg

Photo four - Both large - both different sizes

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 16.37.24.jpeg

Sirsok wrote: »
    Bought 4 jerseys all delivered fine to my home address, took 18 days.

However all were supposed to be large but all are completely different sizes.

One jersey completely off-color ( not the first time that has happend).

Jersey have an absolutely terrible terrible smell off them also.

Very dissapointed. I've attached images.

Photo one. Colour supposed to be blue but really really dark so jersey sign design ruined.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 17.04.30.jpeg

Photo two - Tear on shoulder

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 16.33.04.jpeg

Photo three - Both large - both different sizes

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 16.31.42.jpeg

Photo four - Both large - both different sizes

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 16.37.24.jpeg

Whos the seller?

Ordered from Shoot jerseys. Had to message Vivian? Generally they were ok but they messed up an order two years ago, so I said I would try again and this order is a disaster!

Ordered from Shoot jerseys. Had to message Vivian? Generally they were ok but they messed up an order two years ago, so I said I would try again and this order is a disaster!

Never used her. Always used Sandy myself. Yet to have an issue. Always go up a size.

• Advertisement

Never used her. Always used Sandy myself. Yet to have an issue. Always go up a size.

Generally do go up myself but fact that one large fits perfectly while one would struggle to pass as medium is worrying, other two are in between that.

Who is this fabled Sandy?

Generally do go up myself but fact that one large fits perfectly while one would struggle to pass as medium is worrying, other two are in between that.

Who is this fabled Sandy?

Ill PM ya

Ill PM ya

Guys is sandy part of shoot?.or can you PM me please

bassy wrote: »
    Guys is sandy part of shoot?.or can you PM me please

I have literally no clue. Im under the impression Viv is Shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I have literally no clue. Im under the impression Viv is Shoot.

Vivian and Sandy both used to run Shoot. Sandy left a few years ago to start her own business, so they are two separate entities now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Had issues with Sandy too. Stuff ripping easily, wrong colour jerseys and labels washing off in no time (even on a cold wash).

Surely there are other sellers out there

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Had issues with Sandy too. Stuff ripping easily, wrong colour jerseys and labels washing off in no time (even on a cold wash).

Surely there are other sellers out there

Eleverys. Sports Direct, JD Sports....:pac:

They are counterfeit shirts, its always a risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Is the shoot website down?

Esse85 wrote: »
    Is the shoot website down?

No it isn’t down for me

No it isn’t down for me

She's changed the URL multiple times over the last week or so. The original was down for me, but the new URL's weren't.. dont ask me what they are, no idea! Just saw them flash up on her whatsapp status.

• Advertisement

She's changed the URL multiple times over the last week or so. The original was down for me, but the new URL's weren't.. dont ask me what they are, no idea! Just saw them flash up on her whatsapp status.

googling shoot jerseys gives the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Anyone order any football tracksuits from either Sandy or Shoot lately? Ordered a PSG one a few years back and were good quality. Just wondering has the quality deteriorated?

James__10 wrote: »
    Anyone order any football tracksuits from either Sandy or Shoot lately? Ordered a PSG one a few years back and were good quality. Just wondering has the quality deteriorated?

Got some from Sandy and they were spot on
    Tried them from shoot and they fell apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

has anyone had anything confiscated by customs if they get jerseys delivered to Ireland recently? I had one confiscated last september, so I had been using the UK address parcel motel since then, but thats not an option now.

has anyone had anything confiscated by customs if they get jerseys delivered to Ireland recently? I had one confiscated last september, so I had been using the UK address parcel motel since then, but thats not an option now.

Back to the risky home address it seems. Damn Brexit.

I still have 5 quid in my PM account too. :)

Addresspal is still running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

OmegaGene wrote:

The 10 euro charge is far too much now. It's worth the risk of Irish address now in my opinion.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The 10 euro charge is far too much now. It's worth the risk of Irish address now in my opinion.

All depends how much you’re spending really, I normally spend €150 at a time so I’d spend the extra tenner at the moment because customs here are sooooo bored they are checking everything

Each to their own obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I’ve ordered numerous times off DHgate , single jersey orders to my home address , sailed in the letterbox no hassle with an post .
    My most recent one arrived last week . No issue whatsoever .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I’ve ordered numerous times off DHgate , single jersey orders to my home address , sailed in the letterbox no hassle with an post .

Yes it's once it goes over 5 jerseys in a package there is a risk it will be stopped by customs unfortunately.

1,2 or even 3 jerseys in a package usually will get through alot of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Placed an order on the 8th January with Shoot, tracking tells me it has landed in Dublin today and that was with slow shipping, let’s see how long An Post hang onto it for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

wouldn't the package still be liable for customs when it arrives in Ireland though?
    I'll give it a go and see if it works. paying the customs is annoying, but I've had customs open a package and seize two jerseys on me a few years ago. pain in the ass!
    andrew1977 wrote: »

I ordered 4 off DHGate yesterday, to my home address, fingers crossed.

wouldn't the package still be liable for customs when it arrives in Ireland though?
    I'll give it a go and see if it works. paying the customs is annoying, but I've had customs open a package and seize two jerseys on me a few years ago. pain in the ass!

AP are now opening every package that comes through them due to Brexit, so I don't think it's a good idea. They'll inspect it 100% and in a best case scenario they'll end up charging you vat/duty on the full price of every jersey as if you bought them legitimately. That will get expensive very fast.

Worst case is they know they are counterfeit and dump them.

That’s address pal out the window then, I’m surprised they are opening everything with an invoice outside

That’s address pal out the window then, I’m surprised they are opening everything with an invoice outside

Guess they have to check the contents is accurate now or something? Had a box last week that had the invoice listing the items and amounts clearly on the front but when it arrived it had been retaped by them.

I suppose there's a small chance that they might not bother checking deliveries that come in a postal bag as they are a b*stard to reseal compared to a box. Someone might want to try but it's a bit risky.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    AP are now opening every package that comes through them due to Brexit, so I don't think it's a good idea. They'll inspect it 100% and in a best case scenario they'll end up charging you vat/duty on the full price of every jersey as if you bought them legitimately. That will get expensive very fast.

Worst case is they know they are counterfeit and dump them.
    That's simply not true, they are not opening every single item or anything near it. They open a miniscule amount. I've ordered dozens from dh Gate over the last few months, usually one or two sometimes five. Not a single one was stopped. Big quantities do seem to be more likely to be opened, particularly if coming with DHL, but does anyone even get theirs via DHL anymore?

What would Brexit have to do with them opening packages coming from China?!

That's simply not true, they are not opening every single item or anything near it. They open a miniscule amount. I've ordered dozens from dh Gate over the last few months, usually one or two sometimes five. Not a single one was stopped. Big quantities do seem to be more likely to be opened, particularly if coming with DHL, but does anyone even get theirs via DHL anymore?

They certainly havent the man power to do this.

They certainly havent the man power to do this.

It's also not An Post opening them, its revenue. They might be on An Post site but, it's not AP.

Just to clarify, I don't think they even open the ones that get stopped/notified,they just ask you to prove what you bought, specifically quantity and value to determine whatuty is applicable. That's what happened me anyway, no signs the package was opened at all.

AP have to open packages coming in from the UK to Ireland to check the contents and collect any customs owed. There are massive delays because of this. Check the couriers forum. Everyone is having their packages checked and VAT/import duty applied. It has been a bit of a disaster so far with AP pulling figures out of their backsides if there is no invoice in the package.

Your package isn't coming from China if you use AddressPal. It's being imported to the UK from China and then, separately, is being imported from the UK to Ireland. Technically you are liable to pay VAT/import duty on the package to both HMRC and Revenue Ireland. They are two separate shipments.

Oat23 wrote: »
    AP have to open packages coming in from the UK to Ireland to check the contents and collect any customs owed. There are massive delays because of this. Check the couriers forum. Everyone is having their packages checked and VAT/import duty applied. It has been a bit of a disaster so far with AP pulling figures out of their backsides if there is no invoice in the package.

Your package isn't coming from China if you use AddressPal. It's being imported to the UK from China and then, separately, is being imported from the UK to Ireland. Technically you are liable to pay VAT/import duty on the package to both HMRC and Revenue Ireland. They are two separate shipments.

Don't get it shipped to Uk so. Not sure why so many of you still are. Buy in smaller quantities and use regular shipping from China.

• Advertisement
Advertisement