Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

givyjoe wrote: »
    Don't get it shipped to Uk so. Not sure why so many of you still are. Buy in smaller quantities and use regular shipping from China.

Why are you wasting my time with this? We were specifically talking about addresspal, not importing direct to your home address. Nobody was talking about that.

If you had read the conversation I wouldn't have had to waste my time replying to your uninformed posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Oat23 wrote: »
    Why are you wasting my time with this? We were specifically talking about addresspal, not importing direct to your home address. Nobody was talking about that.

If you had read the conversation I wouldn't have had to waste my time replying to your uninformed posts.
    My bad, missed the original reference to Addresspal and thought it was An Post being referenced (AP). Advice still stands though, dont bother buying in bulk or using addresspal and just get it shipped direct. Next to no risk. With dh gate, even in the highly unlikely event customs do get it, the seller will reship. They have to and wont get paid by dh gate if there's no confirmed delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Seeing some Facebook sellers out there, clearly buying knock offs in China and flogging as "discount retail prices" (Very decent of them have!)

How the hell do they get away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My bad, missed the original reference to Addresspal and thought it was An Post being referenced (AP). Advice still stands though, dont bother buying in bulk or using addresspal and just get it shipped direct. Next to no risk. With dh gate, even in the highly unlikely event customs do get it, the seller will reship. They have to and wont get paid by dh gate if there's no confirmed delivery.

Sorry for snapping I was p*ssed about something else last night. I didn't consider that AP could be taken as An Post rather than AddressPal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

My fastest delivery ever from China arrived in the letterbox this morning via standard China post with my postman, a jersey off a DH Gate seller.

- Shipped 19th January, arrived Wednesday 27th January.

Still waiting on others which shipped earlier than this, but that is some going for this package .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

sportspar.com nice sale on of Macron legit kit..Anybody order off them before? Cant agree with below..Its shipped direct from Germany..

Trying to buy some football jerseys off a german website and they don't ship to Ireland!! Messaged them on fb and got this..
    "Hi Ronan! Thank you for you message. Unfortunately we can't deliver to Ireland at the moment because of the brexit situation. We are trying to find a solution regarding VAT. It's still unknown when we'll be able to resume our shipping to your country. We are so sorry."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Seeing some Facebook sellers out there, clearly buying knock offs in China and flogging as "discount retail prices" (Very decent of them have!)

Ignorance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Some of them are just placing an order on shoot when someone buys on of them, 4-6 weeks delivery!

Some of them are just placing an order on shoot when someone buys on of them, 4-6 weeks delivery!

There's literally thousands of Chinese sellers between DH Gate/Instagram and various other sources. There's a billion peeps in China after all, dont think Shoot are the only ones offering dropshipping. My latest shoot and dh gate order both took 2 weeks.

There's literally thousands of Chinese sellers between DH Gate/Instagram and various other sources. There's a billion peeps in China after all, dont think Shoot are the only ones offering dropshipping. My latest shoot and dh gate order both took 2 weeks.

Oh I'm well aware of that, I mean the guys on Facebook give the impression that they actually have stock themselves. I've only come across one or two that actually have stock. A few sellers on ebay actually have stock, but most drop ship.

The worst is the "Beautiful 90s" website. €50+ for drop shipping!

• Advertisement

Oh I'm well aware of that, I mean the guys on Facebook give the impression that they actually have stock themselves. I've only come across one or two that actually have stock. A few sellers on ebay actually have stock, but most drop ship.

The worst is the "Beautiful 90s" website. €50+ for drop shipping!

I was curious about them. Do they actually have the manufacturer logo removed, or are they just photoshopped.

I was curious about them. Do they actually have the manufacturer logo removed, or are they just photoshopped.

They are the same jerseys you see on shoot and Dh Gate with the logos photoshopped out. I nearly bought a Germany 1990 Jersey off them in 2018, as I needed it ASAP for a work "world cup" thing. but then realised they drop ship. I ended up getting one off an ebay seller for a good bit cheaper and had it in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Has anyone ordered off Classicfootballshirts since the turn of the year?

Was just about to make a hefty order but I've heard horror stories of people being charged £20 import taxes on a £40 order. Wondering whether anyone here has experienced the same so I know if I'll be stung or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Has anyone ordered off Classicfootballshirts since the turn of the year?

Was just about to make a hefty order but I've heard horror stories of people being charged £20 import taxes on a £40 order. Wondering whether anyone here has experienced the same so I know if I'll be stung or not.

Anything from outside of the eu over €22 is liable for charges which is the chance we take, chances are the €20 charge was including the €10 an post handling charge

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Anything from outside of the eu over €22 is liable for charges which is the chance we take, chances are the €20 charge was including the €10 an post handling charge

Ah OK that makes sense, cheers for this.

I'm not too familiar with custom charges at the moment so charges would be fixed rather than a % of your order? I.e. it would be £20 regardless if the order is £40 or £400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

I'm not too familiar with custom charges at the moment so charges would be fixed rather than a % of your order? I.e. it would be £20 regardless if the order is £40 or £400

Have a look at https://www.niclassicshirtco.co.uk/ They're based in Belfast.

It’s a % based on the declared total on the outside of the package plus €10 admin fee from anpost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Can anyone tell me how official Macron shirts fit? Looking to order off the club site but want to know if they're a tight fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

anyone bought from https://www.jersey777.site/ before?

• Advertisement

Anyone heard of this crowd? Irish phone number as well which shows they may be legit. I usually suspect these Irish sellers are flogging Chinese copies pretending they are real, but surely foolish to put a number up if this was case.

https://www.weselljerseys.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Anyone heard of this crowd? Irish phone number as well which shows they may be legit. I usually suspect these Irish sellers are flogging Chinese copies pretending they are real, but surely foolish to put a number up if this was case.

https://www.weselljerseys.com/

I feel there might be a crackdown coming on the jerseys coming from China, there seems to be alot of Irish sellers setting up websites and shops on Instagram especially...

It's one thing selling them on for 30/40 euro which is in around their worth but it's totally wrong to be selling them for 70 plus like elverys or lifestyle that's when it gets lousy

anyone else having trouble getting onto shoot? it's telling me to login, never seen that before

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble getting onto shoot? it's telling me to login, never seen that before

I can access the website fine but don’t forget they are closed until 20th of the month so nothing will be happening until then

I can access the website fine but don’t forget they are closed until 20th of the month so nothing will be happening until then

seems to be working for me now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Sent my order to sandy she sent me a WhatsApp back on the 21st and then nothing? Sent her messages again to send me on a request for payment but the message hasn't even been recieved for 2 days!

Anyone have same issues?

• Advertisement

JonnyM wrote: »
    Sent my order to sandy she sent me a WhatsApp back on the 21st and then nothing? Sent her messages again to send me on a request for payment but the message hasn't even been recieved for 2 days!

Anyone have same issues?

Sandy isn't Shoot, that sounds like shoot with the request for payment. I haven't heard back from Shoot in days either. One of their previous domains seems to have been seized on foot of court orders in the states. Not sure if that actually affects them at all. Seem to be carrying on as usual.

Sandy isn't Shoot, that sounds like shoot with the request for payment. I haven't heard back from Shoot in days either. One of their previous domains seems to have been seized on foot of court orders in the states. Not sure if that actually affects them at all. Seem to be carrying on as usual.

Ordered something from Shoot recently and they were fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Sorry yes it's Vivian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

anyone know a supplier who does non football related tracksuits and t shirts? Sandy doesnt do them anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Hi All,

How are people finding getting orders in since New Year / Brexit / Covid?

I want to put an order in (haven't put in an order since last August) but I'm concerned it'll get stopped by customs.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone have a contact who sells socks and underwear and the like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Anyone have a contact who sells socks and underwear and the like?

Ive a guy who will be ready in around a month, so just ......

Contact details : Penneys.ie

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive a guy who will be ready in around a month, so just ......

Contact details : Penneys.ie

:D

I do find some of the stuff, hoodies and jackets in particular are close enough to retail prices. Jerseys are obviously good value though.

Anybody aware of any other yupoo sellers apart from Sandy? With most of Sandy's stuff I've had peeling off logos etc.. Also got the last Ireland Jersey which was completely a different shade of green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Could someone post or pm me the link to Sandys site. The last email I sent her was 2 years ago so doubt it's still active. Always found her great to deal with. A google of Sandy jerseys comes up with lots of different sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Could someone post or pm me the link to Sandys site. The last email I sent her was 2 years ago so doubt it's still active. Always found her great to deal with. A google of Sandy jerseys comes up with lots of different sites.

http://www.sandycn.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

4real wrote: »

Thanks for that, appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Whats the best site people have used lately? Thinking of getting a few kits . I see shoot and sandy are popular?

Whats the best site people have used lately? Thinking of getting a few kits . I see shoot and sandy are popular?

You have answered your own questions
    I prefer Sandy but shoot is alright to use also

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Made an order a couple of weeks back, can see from tracking its now in Dublin (sent by DHL), got a text this morning that there is a payment of import tax/duty and advance fee required for DHL express, and its given me a link to pay.

Stupid Q, but is this legit? Never been caught for it before to be honest. Had shipment updates set up on my phone.

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Made an order a couple of weeks back, can see from tracking its now in Dublin (sent by DHL), got a text this morning that there is a payment of import tax/duty and advance fee required for DHL express, and its given me a link to pay.

Stupid Q, but is this legit? Never been caught for it before to be honest. Had shipment updates set up on my phone.

Last update on DHL tracker is :

06:37 Local time | Processed for clearance at DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    | DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF

Highly likely it is, particularly if the tracking they gave you matches up with what DHL are sending you a link to pay on.

• Advertisement

Highly likely it is, particularly if the tracking they gave you matches up with what DHL are sending you a link to pay on.

Id agree. If in doubt, email or contact DHL directly.

Last update on DHL tracker is :

06:37 Local time | Processed for clearance at DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    | DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF

yea its legit, I've been stung with it in the past.

No issue paying it to be honest, just wanted to make sure it was legit.

I've always had stuff like this sent with DHL, will there be issues with DHL going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Does anybody have a site for the predator mania boots? Any idea on quality?

Luap wrote: »
    Does anybody have a site for the predator mania boots? Any idea on quality?

Dont buy dud boots, they dont last and fall part quickly.

Just an update to above, paid my customs fees but has it been held again?

Paid import fee following "clearance event" the other day. Are there 2 customs checks in Dublin?

It’s just showing it’s been scanned on clearing customs after you have paid, you should have it Thursday

It’s just showing it’s been scanned on clearing customs after you have paid, you should have it Thursday

Spoke to DHL, they said it will be released pending a physical inspection first. So still with customs. See the note from shipment update on DHL tracking site:

Further Detail
    The shipment is pending completion of customs inspection.

Next Step
    The status will be updated following customs inspection. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer if additional requirements are necessary.

Spoke to DHL, they said it will be released pending a physical inspection first. So still with customs. See the note from shipment update on DHL tracking site:

Further Detail
    The shipment is pending completion of customs inspection.

Next Step
    The status will be updated following customs inspection. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer if additional requirements are necessary.

While it appears the first check was due on fee's paid related to tax.

The second event may be due to any suspicion or check to see if the goods are counterfeit (which they are). I may be wrong, but you might be in trouble here.

I hope not

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While it appears the first check was due on fee's paid related to tax.

The second event may be due to any suspicion or check to see if the goods are counterfeit (which they are). I may be wrong, but you might be in trouble here.

I hope not

Worst case scenario, goods are sezied and thats all right? Its not a big order 3 tracksuit tops

Advertisement