Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Worst case scenario, goods are sezied and thats all right? Its not a big order 3 tracksuit tops

Most likely. I had one seized last year, not a big order. But goods were seized and if any proof that they were legit was not forthcoming they would be destroyed.

Still sucks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Most likely. I had one seized last year, not a big order. But goods were seized and if any proof that they were legit was not forthcoming they would be destroyed.

Still sucks though.

And who will contact you DHL or customs?

Did seller refund you for your trouble? probably a bit optimistic

And who will contact you DHL or customs?

Did seller refund you for your trouble? probably a bit optimistic

DHL contact you, or revenue... or both depending. Usually DHL first seeking legitimate receipts that they were purchased from a legit store (they are not, so you wont have this).

Revenue will most likely then send you a seizure notice, saying they were seized and why. They will inform you they will be destroyed if they arent legit.

I wouldnt expect a refund from a seller, its my risk, Im fully aware they are not legit so its my risk. Sandy though was sound enough to give me money off my next order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

So they asked you to pay the customs charges first?

And then they may seize it? Doesn't sound particularly fair. Surely they should be seizing it in first instance if needs be rather than taking your money first?

Blanco100 wrote: »
    So they asked you to pay the customs charges first?

And then they may seize it? Doesn't sound particularly fair. Surely they should be seizing it in first instance if needs be rather than taking your money first?

Would have thought so aswell, but lesson learned. I'm presuming the request for import/customs fees comes from DHL themselves in first instance following their own spot checks.

Usually they cover the charges if they are only spotted when revenue/customs do their thing.

Looks like this package was lifted for spot check twice (once by DHL and once by customs themselves). Don't expect to get it now to be honest, thats the luck of the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Sorry to ask this question again (I looked back the last few pages) First time ordering off Sandy. I gave my E-mail address, Do I wait for her to contact me for payment or should I whats-app her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

adaminho wrote: »
    Sorry to ask this question again (I looked back the last few pages) First time ordering off Sandy. I gave my E-mail address, Do I wait for her to contact me for payment or should I whats-app her?

I'd shoot her a message in WhatsApp yeah, no harm.

Recent order from Sandy, paid on March 2nd, tracking received on 5th March, arrived yesterday 19th March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Evergreen container ship was carrying latest Sandy orders for Ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Evergreen container ship was carrying latest Sandy orders for Ireland :)

That ship was just for one lad re-selling them on adverts as the real thing

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

I know they're all over DHGate, but does anyone have a link to a reliable seller for Ireland Euro 88 Jersey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Anyone know of anywhere doing 88 or 90 Ireland jerseys with embroidered crests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Anyone come across a kids gaa jersey seller yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Just had a notification saying my parcel is being assessed in Dublin 12...will I get a charge or will it be confiscated? Only two jerseys in the package...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

O'Neills.
    Why would China sell kids gaa shirts? Very small market.

RossieMan wrote: »
    O'Neills.
    Why would China sell kids gaa shirts? Very small market.

I dont mind getting the soccer shirts cheap, but i like buying my GAA shirts here anyway to support the club and O'Neills.

jk23 wrote: »
    Just had a notification saying my parcel is being assessed in Dublin 12...will I get a charge or will it be confiscated? Only two jerseys in the package...

God knows at this stage.... you'll know sure enough

God knows at this stage.... you'll know sure enough

Have you ordered in anything lately yourself? Any delay?

Have you ordered in anything lately yourself? Any delay?

Havent ordered anything since before Xmas so cant comment.

Havent ordered anything since before Xmas so cant comment.

Parcel motel going is a big blow but will let you know how I get on. Usually when I order 1 jersey with an post it gets through fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Got stuff off Sandy last week and the sizing was completely inconsistent. Vast difference in 2 large hoodies, and the print is lifting after a week.

You get what you pay for, but quality is hit or miss, mainly miss in last year or 2.

• Advertisement

Have been using a different seller lately ...very good quality, can send the WhatsApp number via pm if anyone interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

petejmk wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere doing 88 or 90 Ireland jerseys with embroidered crests?

They were a stick on crest for 90' anyway, I still have my original 90' shirt and it's def not embroidered. Must be worth a fortune at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone buy boots from China? If so grateful for any pictures of them on Irish soil.

franglan wrote: »
    Anyone buy boots from China? If so grateful for any pictures of them on Irish soil.

I have, personally stay away as they arent up to the standard.

The quality wasnt to the same standard at all, didnt last long. Looked great initially though.

Werent good for my feet either. Feet were killing me compared to the real deal.

I have, personally stay away as they arent up to the standard.

The quality wasnt to the same standard at all, didnt last long. Looked great initially though.

Werent good for my feet either. Feet were killing me compared to the real deal.

I would second that, the leisure trainers are fine but anything involving sports I wouldn't recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

How long would you be waiting on a single shirt sent by regular post?

adaminho wrote: »
    How long would you be waiting on a single shirt sent by regular post?

4 weeks at most. Typically between 12 and 21 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone tried the gaa jerseys on dhgate. Quality any good?

Anyone looking for custom t shirts or sweatshirts...I found a very good seller in the UK who can put whatever design you want on t shirt and sweatshirt...highly recommend them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Anyone looking for custom t shirts or sweatshirts...I found a very good seller in the UK who can put whatever design you want on t shirt and sweatshirt...highly recommend them

Hi m8 can you pm me details,cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Any reliable source other than sandy for classic jerseys? Found sandy to be a bit too hit and miss with quality and sizes. I haven't ordered anything for a long time though.

There are a thousand and one different independent sites and DHgate sellers, but not sure which ones are decent. Had a trawl through the last good few pages of the thread but most seem to be using sandy. The other one that's mentioned a lot is Shoot, but don't know if they have a URL or how to order.

Also, any tips now that Parcel Motel is not an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

v3ttel wrote: »
    Any reliable source other than sandy for classic jerseys? Found sandy to be a bit too hit and miss with quality and sizes. I haven't ordered anything for a long time though.

There are a thousand and one different independent sites and DHgate sellers, but not sure which ones are decent. Had a trawl through the last good few pages of the thread but most seem to be using sandy. The other one that's mentioned a lot is Shoot, but don't know if they have a URL or how to order.

Also, any tips now that Parcel Motel is not an option?

https://www.shootjerseys.top/

order them to your door

The internet isn’t for everyone

Got my jerseys today, good quality, very pleased with them

https://pasteboard.co/Jsy8gPo.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/Jsy92Sd.jpg

Cheers for this, it was worth trawling through the thread to find it.

Ordered the second one from Shoot myself just now based on this. Quality looks excellent, the colours on Sandy's one look too dark and someone posted a picture of one they received which also looked too dark. Also ordered the United green & gold, as well as the 1990 Irish jersey. Waiting for them to get to back to me for paypal link.

Will post up the pictures when/if I get them.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Cheers for this, it was worth trawling through the thread to find it.

Ordered the second one from Shoot myself just now based on this. Quality looks excellent, the colours on Sandy's one look too dark and someone posted a picture of one they received which also looked too dark. Also ordered the United green & gold, as well as the 1990 Irish jersey. Waiting for them to get to back to me for paypal link.

Will post up the pictures when/if I get them.

Amazed people still champion Sandy's stuff, its very poor and she is not that cheap either.

Have 2 sellers who are actually cheaper and way better quality, got my first orders off them this year. 1 is slightly cheaper than the other, but quality is terrific. Only ever order a jersey here and there, if anyone wants to buy from them i'll PM links

Amazed people still champion Sandy's stuff, its very poor and she is not that cheap either.

Have 2 sellers who are actually cheaper and way better quality, got my first orders off them this year. 1 is slightly cheaper than the other, but quality is terrific. Only ever order a jersey here and there, if anyone wants to buy from them i'll PM links

I can only speak for what I received, never ever had an issue. Always top notch for me. If it aint broke, I want inclined to fix it yet.

Havent used her since December mind. Gonna order a hockey shirt from her soon. The NBA shirts were perfect.

• Advertisement

why does it amaze you where people shop ? best not to worry about it
    i find sandy and shoot both very good and never had an issue and some bits and pieces are 3 years old and still perfect, anything get nabbed by customs is replaced straight away without any hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Shoot, Sandy, DH Gate..... there are all just resellers, its the same factories that are supplying them all. They all have the same issues with size and quality, its really he luck of the draw with what you get.

Shoot, Sandy, DH Gate..... there are all just resellers, its the same factories that are supplying them all. They all have the same issues with size and quality, its really he luck of the draw with what you get.

its not true, not same factory at all.

Bought of few different sellers and narrowed it down to 2 now. Consistency has been flawless.

Sandy for instance had an Ireland jersey (old new balance shirt) that was completely wrong shade of green.

Ordered from another seller who didn't have same problem, factory isn't the same.

Some resellers have larger cut aswell so will charge more, its not indicative of the quality. Best bet is to try and find seller who is closer to factory, and you will know by response time they give, if its almost instantaneous then its good sign.

Just my experience in buying the odd jersey, tracksuit top and shorts. Difference in quality can be night and day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Bought of few different sellers and narrowed it down to 2 now. Consistency has been flawless.

Sandy for instance had an Ireland jersey (old new balance shirt) that was completely wrong shade of green.

Ordered from another seller who didn't have same problem, factory isn't the same.

Some resellers have larger cut aswell so will charge more, its not indicative of the quality. Best bet is to try and find seller who is closer to factory, and you will know by response time they give, if its almost instantaneous then its good sign.

Just my experience in buying the odd jersey, tracksuit top and shorts. Difference in quality can be night and day.

In fairness, what you are saying is probably true for all the modern jerseys. I actually had the same issue with the old Ireland new balance jersey!
    I mainly buy the retro jerseys, the market for them is much smaller so not nearly as many being made. I always see the same issues of inconsistent sizing, loose threads and logos in slight the wrong place or at an angle no matter who I buy of.

as you say, the price you pay is not a reflection of quality.

With DHGate, there are many indivdual sellers on the marketplace, there's also Shoot, Sandy and hundreds of other places.

There isn't just one factory - there are produced all over. Different sellers may have the same or different suppliers. It's going to be hit and miss. One place might have an amazing Liverpool home jersey and another might have an unreal retro United kit. It depends on the supplier and how well they've done that individual one. Some places will generally be better than others. That's why it's hit and miss. Given the price, it's the risk ya take.

I was looking for some specific jerseys, found that for those individual ones, Shoot was a better option (other people have posted pictures of the exact ones they received, which looked more authentic than the pictures I found on other sellers sites).

One thing about Sandy is that they show you real pictures of the jerseys which a lot of places don't. Definitely helps to try avoid the bad ones. Wouldn't have been happy with the color of that 1990 Irish one.

Hopefully the bit of research pays off and I don't end up with muck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

People seem to forget China is 1billion+ people, yet Sandy seems to be the only name in town. Thousands of sellers out there. lots on DH Gate as others have mentioned. Just look for one with quick dispatch times and good reviews.

Find a seller your happy with , through trial and error, and stick it.

Took me a while to find Sandy, but I have yet to have a bad experience and Im at the stage where I have agood repour with her. So until she gives me a really bad shirt, Im sticking with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Ordered from Vivian 24th April, shipped 26th and in Dublin today, should have them early next week, I have no issues with her at all, always very prompt with replies.

Having said that I don’t buy jerseys with sponsors on them anymore no matter who the seller, they all peel off unless it’s embroidered onto the top, then you’re laughing.

I whatsapp'ed Vivian to send me on the paypal payment request for my order number, but she just sent back "order 6 items and get a 7th free" :pac:

The next day Penny did email me, sent the payment request through Paypal and then whatsapped me to confirm they'd gotten the payment. Have just been chatting away with them for the last 20 mins after they confirmed payment. They seem sound and a bit of craic.

Will post up the pictures whenever I get the jerseys. Hopefully they are decent quality and not stopped by customs. There's a heap of retro stuff I want to get over time.

^^^ dont get sucked in thinking they are nice ladies lol they only use ladies names to sound nice and avoid abuse when things go wrong it’s mostly men buying them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

An Post just dropped off my order, very happy with it all, got a few white ireland full kits for nephews and on first glance they are excellent, can’t comment on sizing yet, got a few other random tops and all good.

I have only ever ordered from Sandy and Vivian, is there other sites to order from?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    ^^^ dont get sucked in thinking they are nice ladies lol they only use ladies names to sound nice and avoid abuse when things go wrong it’s mostly men buying them

They can call themselves Bill and Bob for all I care once they get decent quality jerseys to me :pac:

The best stuff I got is from two sellers one Chinese and the other called mourad, he is a bit more expensive however his shirts are brilliant....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

The best stuff I got is from two sellers one Chinese and the other called mourad, he is a bit more expensive however his shirts are brilliant....

where did you find them?
    I mainly use shoot and can't fault them
    just seen shoot have some gaa jerseys on the site now also

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    where did you find them?
    I mainly use shoot and can't fault them
    just seen shoot have some gaa jerseys on the site now also

I found them on Instagram, got a Galway gaa jersey today, very good quality, I have 3 different sellers now on WhatsApp just to have a choice on prices

One seller sells ladies clothes and sports gear as well...

• Advertisement
Advertisement