Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skype replacement for Samsung TV please ????

• 16-08-2016 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

So my Father in Law has a Samsung TV which he used to call my Wife using the Skype App. This June the app was taken down from Samsung TV's. I am looking for a replacement. I have tried Facebook app but that's does not work. Hangout by google also. Yes he can call on his phone but he is 70 years old & wanted to see us on his large TV and sit and talk with HD picture. Any help other then getting a laptop or PC as he is not up to setting up lots of Tech.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Gar32

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭dubrov

I believe you can still manually reinstall the app and it will still work in the short term at least. Look up SamyGo and Skype. Probably a bit technical to setup and may not last long.

If the tv supports screen mirroring, the easiest solution would be to use that with skype running on a phone.

Another option would be to get a cheap android box and Web cam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

dubrov wrote: »
    I believe you can still manually reinstall the app and it will still work in the short term at least. Look up SamyGo and Skype. Probably a bit technical to setup and may not last long.

If the tv supports screen mirroring, the easiest solution would be to use that with skype running on a phone.

Another option would be to get a cheap android box and Web cam.

The TV is 4k and when used with android the quality is very bad. When you pay 3k for TV you want good quality pictures. I am hoping google step in here with hangout calls but we will have to wait & see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I am hoping Duo by google will do a TV APP

Advertisement