Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cody Rhodes cork show

• 16-08-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

So the 11th October sees Cody Rhodes hit cypress avenue.anyone from here get ticks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Surprised to see little chat on this event. Are many heading to this?
    I think it's great that the Inside the ropes guys are taking a punt by coming to this part of Ireland for a show. Hoping we pack the place out to prove what a demand/audience there is here for these shows. Then they might consider bringing future guests over again.
    Great to see Matt Hardy coming in December too!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SarahVOW

esprimo wrote: »
    Surprised to see little chat on this event. Are many heading to this?
    I think it's great that the Inside the ropes guys are taking a punt by coming to this part of Ireland for a show. Hoping we pack the place out to prove what a demand/audience there is here for these shows. Then they might consider bringing future guests over again.
    Great to see Matt Hardy coming in December too!

Honky Tonk Man is coming to Dublin soon too and the same, hearing no buzz about it.

I go to a lot of live Wrestling shows but have no real intrest in these "An audience with" type shows, seen Jim Ross and Scott Hall ones and they were only OK, I definitely wouldn't go out of my way on a work night to see one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I went to the Russo chat in Dublin last year and he was gas! The ITR guys did a Belfast show with Scott Steiner, that was hilarious. It's awesome to hear a wrestler who isn't trying to get a job with WWE, just rip into wrestlers. So maybe it completely depends on who it is!

Brave man spending cash on an appearance of any of Hall/Nash/Pac!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The Rowdy Roddy Piper talk was brilliant! Such a legend - RIP!

How was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It was awesome for me because Hot Rod put the sleeper on me :) that was worth the admission alone it made my year. RIP Roddy.

It was awesome for me because Hot Rod put the sleeper on me :) that was worth the admission alone it made my year. RIP Roddy.

Haha glad to hear but I meant tonight's show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

SarahVOW wrote: »
    Haha glad to hear but I meant tonight's show.

LOL was Cody on tonight?

Edit just saw it in the first post.

Very badly advertised. Who's running these shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I went to the Russo chat in Dublin last year and he was gas! The ITR guys did a Belfast show with Scott Steiner, that was hilarious. It's awesome to hear a wrestler who isn't trying to get a job with WWE, just rip into wrestlers. So maybe it completely depends on who it is!

Brave man spending cash on an appearance of any of Hall/Nash/Pac!

Yea, it depends who it is. Sometimes you might not expect much, but have a really good time!
    SarahVOW wrote: »
    How was it?

The show was absolutely excellent. Full of stories I never heard before, fun stories, sad ones. They even brought out a cake to celebrate Dusty Rhodes birthday. Cody was a pleasure to meet and was in great form.
    LOL was Cody on tonight?

Edit just saw it in the first post.

Very badly advertised. Who's running these shows?

It was run by Inside the ropes. It was advertised for months, just as well as other "Audience with" shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Yeah I dunno if it was up to Inside the Ropes or Cypress Avenue to do the marketing for this, but as someone who spends a lot of time in Cork, if you didn't go out of your way to find out about this show or hear about it on here you would never have known it was on. Can't say I recall seeing one ad or poster for it around the city.

• Advertisement
Advertisement