Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet and TV providers in Robinstown

Options
  • 16-08-2016 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    We're just about to move to Robinstown and are having difficulty finding out who can provide us with internet and tv. Any suggestions?
    Is there any kind of internet connection available that will be good enough for PlayStation gaming online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Barney224

BellaB wrote: »
    Hi,
    We're just about to move to Robinstown and are having difficulty finding out who can provide us with internet and tv. Any suggestions?
    Is there any kind of internet connection available that will be good enough for PlayStation gaming online?

Hi there, unfortunately there's no broadband provider in Robinstown yet. Eir is rolling out Fibre To The Home (FTTH) in the coming months (though it could be early 2017 before this is fully implemented in the area). Once it's up and running we'll be getting very fast speeds. :-) They've already laid the cables in the area.

In the meantime, you could go with 3 or Vodafone mobile broadband, but the minimum for bill pay is 12 months. If FTTH comes in you'd have to pay a cancellation fee if you wanted to switch over. I'm on the 100GB 3 broadband and the speeds are quite good when on 4G. My son is able to play xbox games and I can watch sky sports. But it's a pain to have to keep an eye on the monthly usage! I think there are some prepay options as well, but not sure what the monthly limits are. You'd be better off popping into a 3 or Vodafone store for more info on what best options you have.

Where in Robinstown are you moving, as this will depend on whether you're eligible to receive it. http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Advertisement