Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiga Users Ireland meetup January 21st, 2017!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I see you have a soldering workshop, but will anyone be doing recapping as a service there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

rgfuller wrote: »
    I see you have a soldering workshop, but will anyone be doing recapping as a service there ?
    Would love to know this too, i just booked, thanks for the reminder OP.

Do you think anyone will have a Vampire?

might bring my A1200 along, if we're bringing hardware should we have a chat with you before the event? obviously i expect limited space for tables/desks etc.

For tutorials, are there any prerequisites? surely compilers etc. should be installed beforehand?

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Hi guys,

Definitely bring your hardware if you have it! Make sure to bring a monitor/TV of course and whatever extension leads you think you might need. There will be some on the day, but we just about had everyone covered - not many free sockets :) We were getting a little tight for space last time but the hotel came up with creative solutions on the fly for us. This year we have double the space *and* a better layout to accommodate more people/hardware within that space. So just turn up with your kit.

We had a recapper (and writer for Amiga Future) there last year who hopes to attend time too and has plans for accommodation etc. But, they did say not to count on them 100%; they travel from overseas each time and have a job that can dictate last minute. If he's there, he may even run a workshop - but it could be software or hardware. We have some budding recappers (using disposable hardware) - but I would want our overseas guy to vet their work before I'd even think of putting anyone their way. So, no promises on the recapping although I'd love to have it too.

There will be more than one Vampire there on the day, that I can promise you :) We also have some interesting vendors that have been in touch. So, you should be able to buy Amiga inspired artwork/paintings (they're amazing if you haven't already seen them) on the day as well as some hardware that will work on various Amigas. Last year we had spot prizes of 2 wifi cards (donated) but the 500 users wouldn't have been able to use those. This year we have something that will work on the 500 as well.

Some new technology will be showcased too that people likely haven't seen with developers taking questions.

Oh, and if you are travelling with a partner that isn't so into it - last year there were plans for the wives-and-girlfriends to head to a spa for the afternoon together. So get in touch if that's you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Fantastic news on the Vampire, should be a great blast, thanks

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

Plenty of recaps and repairs were done on the day, to the delight of many. We had an absolutely fantastic time and are very grateful that David Pleasance, Trevor Dickenson and others made it to the event in person. You can get the highlights at the media section of our new site: amigausers.ie

If you're not into Facebook you can sign up for the newsletter at the bottom of the page, which will be infrequent.

• Advertisement

The pics and videos of the event (games, talks, etc) are up: amigausers.ie/media

Advertisement