Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet keeps disconnecting

Options
  • 17-08-2016 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently the internet keeps disconnecting around midnight and would be on/off from then on. I've checked the modem, all the lights are perfect and ive tried troubleshooting it but the problem still persists.

Also, the Internet connection has been steadily declining. Up until a month or two ago, I was getting speeds of 20Mb and more, but now I'm lucky to get half those speeds. This would be fine, if it worked properly. It's gotten so bad that I can't connect via wifi to the eircom network and have to connect to my home plugs network that I have set up, and that has no problems with it at all.

I've been with Eircom for 10+ years, but these recent issues have forced me to consider switching ISP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dankazlauskas

Had the same problem, two faulty routers replaced in a year, on the phone with customer service for hours, being eir customer is a bit like holding down a part time job lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Recently the internet keeps disconnecting around midnight and would be on/off from then on. I've checked the modem, all the lights are perfect and ive tried troubleshooting it but the problem still persists.

Also, the Internet connection has been steadily declining. Up until a month or two ago, I was getting speeds of 20Mb and more, but now I'm lucky to get half those speeds. This would be fine, if it worked properly. It's gotten so bad that I can't connect via wifi to the eircom network and have to connect to my home plugs network that I have set up, and that has no problems with it at all.

I've been with Eircom for 10+ years, but these recent issues have forced me to consider switching ISP.
    Hi  Calvin Leong,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing. 
    I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.

-Pamela 

Had the same problem, two faulty routers replaced in a year, on the phone with customer service for hours, being eir customer is a bit like holding down a part time job lately.
    Hi dankazlauskas,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you a fault logged at the minute?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

The engineer that they sent down last time replaced the router, but it still showed the same problems unfortunately... Tech support didn't seem to offer much help either. Only the usual troubleshooting techniques that I've tried already.

The engineer that they sent down last time replaced the router, but it still showed the same problems unfortunately... Tech support didn't seem to offer much help either. Only the usual troubleshooting techniques that I've tried already.
    I'm sorry to hear this  Calvin Leong,can you PM me your account number and I will contact the technicial team in relation to this.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'm sorry to hear this  Calvin Leong,can you PM me your account number and I will contact the technicial team in relation to this.

-Pamela 

Have PM'd you my account number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i dout there is much that can be done.
    we have experienced this since getting broadband. it goes off for minutes at a time every day. particularly bad from evening on.
    have had the router replaced/line 'tested etc. nothing different.
    tbh if the electricity was acting this way, people would seriously expect something to be actually done.

-Pamela 

Have PM'd you my account number
    Thanks Calvin Leong,

-Pamela 

Advertisement