Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer art teaching in Limerick City?

• 17-08-2016 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'd like to start volunteering as a art teaching assistant as I am thinking about a career in teaching art or art therapy (almost have an art degree :P). I'd like to volunteer at a charity/non-profit ideally, I'd eventually like to be working with disadvantaged kids or people with mental health problems. Do any of you know of somewhere that I could apply to/that does this? Anything I've found so far is too far out of the city for me (I don't drive). Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

There was actually a summer camp my girlfriend was volounteering at inside LSAD the week just past, and next week. I'd say drop in there and ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

luna_ wrote: »
    I'd like to start volunteering as a art teaching assistant as I am thinking about a career in teaching art or art therapy (almost have an art degree :P). I'd like to volunteer at a charity/non-profit ideally, I'd eventually like to be working with disadvantaged kids or people with mental health problems. Do any of you know of somewhere that I could apply to/that does this? Anything I've found so far is too far out of the city for me (I don't drive). Thanks

Limerick Printmakers is probably your best bet, based in or around the city center at St. Johns Square. They do kids classes of various ages, or might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Contact any community centre in a disadvantaged area I unwound st Mary's park are always looking for anyone to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Le Cheile in Sexton St do art classes on Thursdays you could ask there.

Advertisement