Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vu+ Solo2 with openvix problem

• 17-08-2016 8:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

Quite often when TV is switched on, the last viewed channel on the vu is running fine but the spooling/startup moving circle icon is running top left on screen and vu is totally unresponsive to remote control. Switch mains power off/on and it runs fine..any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭_John C

If I were you Id reinstall OpenViX. Im using OpenViX on my Duo2 and Ive never had problems like that. The latest one for your box at the moment is 4.2.001 (12th August).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

_John C wrote: »
    If I were you Id reinstall OpenViX. Im using OpenViX on my Duo2 and Ive never had problems like that. The latest one for your box at the moment is 4.2.001 (12th August).

Thanks. I think I may have found the issue with no geographic location set for the auto bouquets which may be causing it going into a never ending loop...will know better in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Hi, did you find the problem? Mine have similar issues, freezing and require a restart.
    It is particularly acute issue with the Irish channels.
    If you found a good solution, please let me know, it has my heart broke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭_John C

Your problem with the Irish channels has nothing to do with the VU+ or OpenViX. Your problem relates to a topic which is not allowed to be discussed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

I am using latest open ViX with mgcamd softcam. My problem was the geographic location was not set on the auto bouquets and it got lost in a loop when it tried to update during the wee hours of the night.
    I only recently had another issue when I connected a new smart tv to my network via Ethernet cable, caused huge freezing issues. Reconfigured tv to wifi.. Issue gone.
    There is a huge quality variation in the issue which is off limits here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

mrawkward wrote: »
    Quite often when TV is switched on, the last viewed channel on the vu is running fine but the spooling/startup moving circle icon is running top left on screen and vu is totally unresponsive to remote control. Switch mains power off/on and it runs fine..any ideas?

Just to make life a bit easier for you in future, those things are called Spinners :). I am well familiar with them, being an AzBox user. There are many variations available.

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php/7835-Massive-Spinners-Collection

Advertisement