Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felt IA

Options
  • 17-08-2016 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

I know a few lads in here have one and just have one or two questions about it.

how do you find it handles in a crosswind? Does the oversized tubing have any impact?

Also the weight, any info I can find online they seem to average around 9.5kg, heavy enough. I know weight isn't a huge issue so I'm just wondering how people who have them have found them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭trailrunner

I have a Felt IA , upgraded from a B12 . I've ridden it in some strong cross winds and didn't find any problems with the frame although I took off my 60mm wheels as its wheel choice in cross winds that I find is the biggest problem.
    Biggest thing I notice is the comfort of the bike , even on bad road surface for 3-5 hour rides I don't have the bone shaking feeling I used to have on the B12. Only thing I have had issue with is the rear brake, it's got a stupid adjuster set up which is really tricky to set right and is a bit of a pain if your changing wheel widths regularly.
    Overall it's a great bike , and they look great.!!
    I'd say go for it , you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

+1

I've an IA10 and it is barely affected by wind.
    I haven't put it on the scales but to me it feels heavy, though not on the road. That's not any criticism though.
    Comfort is great too. I've only changed the saddle as I couldn't get on with the stock one
    And it looks the business too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Cheers Folks, mind me asking what height yous are and what sizes you are on? I must weigh my own Tt bike to get an idea of what weight it is too.

I'm 5'10" ish and am on a 54
    I had a Retul fit done first and the 54 and the 56 would fit but went with the 54 based on the Retul recommendation.
    I spent a lot of quality time on here too before settling on the IA
    http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/The_New_Felt_IA_-_IA_10,_14,_16_P5620633/

I'd planned on an IA14 but was talked into a mechanical IA10 by the shop I bought from at the same price.
    No regrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Cheers Villa, yep a retul fit would be the plan if it does happen. Want to make sure it fits well. Have seen that page on slowtwitch alright, have been keeping an eye on the bike for a long time now! Seen a few at the weekend, it's even nicer in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tomdbomb

Is there anywhere selling/building Felt IA's in Dublin/Ireland?

I'm 5,10 and on a 54 to , great fit . Your definitely not a 56 as you'll be to stretched on it.

tomdbomb wrote: »

Not sure as I bought frame only and built it myself..

tomdbomb wrote: »

Bought mine in Spain but I remember Wheelworx having an IA3 in the shop and on their Facebook

Advertisement