Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S - wifi is fubar

Options
  • 17-08-2016 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

Just recently took the plunge and got the new xbox. Lovely compact piece of hardware. Everything was great until last night when the Xbox was convinced it was connected via a non existent network cable and could not see any wifi connections. Eventually I got the message

"There is hardware problem... Sorry, the wireless network hardware on this console is not working. it will need to be sent in for repair.

Anyone else hear about such a problem with the Xbox one S ?
    Also as I have never dealt with microsoft re xbox before - do they deal quickly with these hardware problems?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Hi,

Just recently took the plunge and got the new xbox. Lovely compact piece of hardware. Everything was great until last night when the Xbox was convinced it was connected via a non existent network cable and could not see any wifi connections. Eventually I got the message

"There is hardware problem... Sorry, the wireless network hardware on this console is not working. it will need to be sent in for repair.

Also as I have never dealt with microsoft re xbox before - do they deal quickly with these hardware problems?

Cheers

It will likely be a few weeks unfortunately in my experience (4 360s sent for repair and 1 Xbox One).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Hi,

Cheers

Take it back to where you bought it and ask for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Take it back to where you bought it and ask for a replacement.

This. Where did you buy it? Deal with them before MS

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭losttheplot

maximoose wrote: »
    This. Where did you buy it? Deal with them before MS

Bought in Gamestop. Not sure if there any replacements for the 2tb model though. Will check with them.

Bought in Gamestop. Not sure if there any replacements for the 2tb model though. Will check with them.

Yeah this will be an issue I'm afraid , those weren't in huge supply. That said I did a quick check on their site, you can see if there are any in stock and there are a fair few that do show as having stock.

Less than a month old???? I'd be pushing for a replacement over repair, but as far as I know it's up to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

When I got mine in GS they told me that the first month they would replace it if there was any problem but after that you would need to go through Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's not surprising, but it's complete and utter drivel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think if you return something to Microsoft now they will take a charge on your CC and ship you a new console then once they receive your failed machine they will release the charge on your CC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Microsoft used to be pretty good on replacements back in the 360 days, no idea about the era of the XB1.
    Possibly give their customer service a call and see what happens?
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com/en-US

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

They have a pretty good returns policy I had to get my xbone Kinect replaced. And they sent me out a new one in a couple of days. You then put the old one in the box they sent you and they even have a prepaid postage sticker included for you to put on the box. Easy peasy very impressed (although they did put a hold on your card until they got the old one back)

That saying I'd go back to GameStop as you're first port of call since it's only a few days old

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

Got mine from GS had no problems thank god...

Thanks for the advice guys.

Checked with Gamestop. They have reserved a 2TB S model (in a different store from where I purchased) for me to collect when I return my non-wifi one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Same happened to me a few days ago. Signed out and in again, no issue since.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Same happened to me a few days ago. Signed out and in again, no issue since.

Tried again last night. Reset everything. Went through the initial setup and guess what - everything is working at the moment. Till the next time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Tried again last night. Reset everything. Went through the initial setup and guess what - everything is working at the moment. Till the next time?

Software issue possibly?

Fieldog wrote: »
    Software issue possibly?

I think so. Console is fine since its recent episode (after reset etc). I must google this issue, when I have the time, and see if it has happened to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iBoards

It's just happened to me with my Xbox One S 2Tb too. I'll try the factory reset and hope for the best :(

no luck with reset :(:(

iBoards wrote: »
    It's just happened to me with my Xbox One S 2Tb too. I'll try the factory reset and hope for the best :(

no luck with reset :(:(

The first time I reinitialised box it did not work for me. So I unplugged it, and left it so for a couple of days. On the morning I was going to return it to gamestop I set up the box from scratch again - just in case (gamestop told me they would have do a full test in the store).
    I chose the slow start option (eco friendly?) and it found the wireless networks. Still working...... Probably worth having a go again like I did. But there does seem to be some glitch with the OS alright.

Advertisement