Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gaming / Video Editing PC - €1500-€2000

Options
  • 17-08-2016 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone!

I'm finishing work on 31st August so I'm gonna have some free time for the next short while, I figured that will be the best time to get my shít organised on a completely new build from scratch.

1. What is your budget? €1500 - €2000

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming and video editing

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need? 22'' or higher, depending on spec + price

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard / Mouse, a chair, ethernet powerline adapter, bog-standard speakers since will be prob using a headset. Walls are wafer thin so won't be currently going for power on sound.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Card

9. When are you purchasing? In the next week or 2, hopefully. Time the deliveries to be from 1st September onwards.

The other PC is a HTPC that'll be staying put, this will be an entire new setup going into a seperate room.

I have a desk but need a chair, was thinking of this unless there's better suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Posted this in a different thread. Looks like it will fit your use case too.
    Some important things to note. Do not buy the case and monitor from mindfactory. Get those closer to home on amazon.co.uk or overclockers.co.uk.

Don't shy away from messing with this list and checking reviews for components.

I have a Maxnomic Dominator from Needforseat. It's pretty great. Would advise investing in the chair, whichever one you end up going with.
    Monitor will depend on if you need colour accuracy for video editing or is it just for fun?
    Check out the gaming monitors thread here on this forum anyway.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€313.92 @ Mindfactory)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€78.59 @ Mindfactory)
    Memory: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€68.71 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€97.93 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€54.00 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (€466.94 @ Mindfactory)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€102.22 @ Mindfactory)
    Total: €1182.31
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-16 10:29 CEST+0200

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Thanks for replying with that build, looks good and with change to bump up the storage.
    Xenoronin wrote: »
    Do not buy the case and monitor from mindfactory. Get those closer to home on amazon.co.uk or overclockers.co.uk.

Cool, would you have any cases in mind? (More so for ideas, really)
    I have a Maxnomic Dominator from Needforseat. It's pretty great. Would advise investing in the chair, whichever one you end up going with.

Yea, depending on the budget I'll see what kind of seat I can get my mitts on. Have seen those Maxnomic ones before alright, they look good. How did you get it delivered?
    Monitor will depend on if you need colour accuracy for video editing or is it just for fun?

It'll be mainly for gaming and video editing of gaming-related content for Youtube channels. Doesn't have to be the dog's bollocks but a solid performing monitor with a good size will do me for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W got a perfect 40/40 on JonnyGuru.

It's cheap on AmazonUK right now.

If you want one of the best chairs, Herman Miller Aeron is highly recommended.

Headset: The Wirecutter recommends Kingston HyperX Cloud II or Sennheiser Game ONE.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W got a perfect 40/40 on JonnyGuru.

It's cheap on AmazonUK right now.

Looks good, dispatch time wouldn't bother me if I were to order that sharp enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I've heard really good things about the Cloud II on here.

Ordering from the website I think it got dispatched via DHL

• Advertisement

Any recommendations on decent style cases? Might go for a bigger a case as storage is something I'll be expanding on, have a load of backing up to do at the moment anyways.

Also looking for Powerline adapters recommendations?

Advertisement