Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat has been hit by a car. Free/affordable emergency in Cork.

• 17-08-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi everyone.
    I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. But the situation is urgent. My cat (2,5 y/o) was hit by a car last night. He came home by himself and since then simply sleeping in the box. There's a small amount of blood coming from the left side of his jaw. He's walking normally, and goes to the toilet himself. I gently checked through his body, there wasn't any signs of reaction. I'm not sure if any bones/ribs are broken or not. He's certainly in stress and I don't know what to do in this situation. We don't have a car and our financial circumstances at the moment aren't good. I really need an advice if there's any free or affordable emergency in Cork city center that can help me with this.

Any useful suggestion or advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

eurasian wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. But the situation is urgent. My cat (2,5 y/o) was hit by a car last night. He came home by himself and since then simply sleeping in the box. There's a small amount of blood coming from the left side of his jaw. He's walking normally, and goes to the toilet himself. I gently checked through his body, there wasn't any signs of reaction. I'm not sure if any bones/ribs are broken or not. He's certainly in stress and I don't know what to do in this situation. We don't have a car and our financial circumstances at the moment aren't good. I really need an advice if there's any free or affordable emergency in Cork city center that can help me with this.

Any useful suggestion or advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

have you contacted your vet and asked about a payment plan?

http://valuevets.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

maybe try the local spca, they should be able to advise you what you can do...a payment plan could be an idea as the above poster suggested....most vets will treat anyway and worry about money afterwards....
    There is the Blue cross in Dublin - for people that are in financial difficulty etc for their pets.....not sure if they are in cork though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

many vets will accept a payment plan, especially if you are already a customer. I wouldn't wait with going to the vet though.Cat needs care asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

One of these might help. VERY important to get your cat to the vet - shock alone can kill an animal. PHone and explain the situation to a nearby vet - they will hopefully have a payment plan, or at the very least assess your cat to see what is involved.
    Also worth phoning local branch of ISPCA to ask if they can help

Check these out:

http://www.animalcarehospital.ie/index.php/discountedservices/

https://www.animalcaresociety.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

Thank you guys for your effort and advices. I appreciate it. Calling through all them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Will you let us know how it goes?

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Will you let us know how it goes?

Made several calls, but unfortunately no emergency agreed to do this for free or on later pay, though we've managed to get him checked and get an advice. Fortunately nothing serious, he has cuts and wounds, but no internal organs or or bones damage occured. Needs a lot of rest and soft food. He is still sleeping most of the day, recovering from the stress and pain, but at least he ate a bit of dry food this morning, though we gave him mince, and more of it just recently in the evening. The signs of recovery have appeared for sure, he's even purring a bit today. I was so stressed about the situation, almost in panic. Didn't sleep properly, so sorry for late reply.

And thank you all guys for your help. I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

get pet insurance.It really doesn't cost much for 1 cat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I second the insurance suggestion. We paid about €120 for Ripley's first year on insurance and so far we've claimed about €2000! We would have been devastated had we not got the insurance. Obviously our premium will go up at renewal time but there's no way we could have managed without it.

get pet insurance.It really doesn't cost much for 1 cat
    I second the insurance suggestion. We paid about €120 for Ripley's first year on insurance and so far we've claimed about €2000! We would have been devastated had we not got the insurance. Obviously our premium will go up at renewal time but there's no way we could have managed without it.

You right. I am seriously considering going for pet insurance after this. I never really thought about it, had no idea it does exist to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement