Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Science

• 17-08-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi
    I am starting Social Science as a mature student next month,
    I'm wondering realistically How many hours do you need to be in the University each week approximately?
    I know it's a full time 3 year undergraduate program but does that really equate to 40 hours a week on campus?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

ASTA20 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am starting Social Science as a mature student next month,
    I'm wondering realistically How many hours do you need to be in the University each week approximately?
    I know it's a full time 3 year undergraduate program but does that really equate to 40 hours a week on campus?

Thanks in advance

I didn't do Social Science, so I can't say for sure, but you can look up your course, along with the number of hours involved here

Just taking a quick glace over it is looks like approx 18 hours a week in lectures and tutorials (depending on what you choose), with reading and study being a self-managed affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

Hi,

It's far less than 40 hours and if you choose your electives 'wise' you may have day or two free from attending college. However, make sure that you find time at home for readings etc. as regular written pieces are very often required for tutorials and there are lots of reading for theory modules. There is attendance check on tutorials but usually you can skip lectures if you really need to.
    Also if you chose electives make sure that you choose min required for your pathway on stage 2.
    Well done and Good luck :))))

Advertisement