Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Eir/Setanta query

Options
  • 17-08-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭

I'm with Eir for broadband, and have now been getting the Eir channels as well as BT Sport.

I called up Eir to confirm that I was registered for the new channels and asked about cancelling the old Setanta subscription.  They told me that the Setanta sub would end automatically and if I wanted to get a refund on any extra Setanta charges I had to call them up.

I called the number, and spent 45 minutes on hold before giving up.  I figured that the €20 refund wouldn't be worth what I'd be charged for another hour on hold!

However I just got charged for the start of August by Setanta too!

What do I need to do?  And please don't say I just need to call again and spend hours on hold running up a bill!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'm with Eir for broadband, and have now been getting the Eir channels as well as BT Sport.

I called up Eir to confirm that I was registered for the new channels and asked about cancelling the old Setanta subscription.  They told me that the Setanta sub would end automatically and if I wanted to get a refund on any extra Setanta charges I had to call them up.

I called the number, and spent 45 minutes on hold before giving up.  I figured that the €20 refund wouldn't be worth what I'd be charged for another hour on hold!

However I just got charged for the start of August by Setanta too!

What do I need to do?  And please don't say I just need to call again and spend hours on hold running up a bill!
    Hi DrPhilG,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    I'm so sorry to hear you have experienced difficulties in cancelling the Setanta service. You would need to contact the eir Sport team directly in relation to cancelling this and arranging a refund. You can contact them directly on 0818 271 416.

Please do let me know if you experience any issues in relation to this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Eir: Pamela

Thanks for the reply, but isn't that the issue I just highlighted?

I did try to contact that number and I sat on hold for over 45 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Eir: Pamela

Thanks for the reply, but isn't that the issue I just highlighted?

I did try to contact that number and I sat on hold for over 45 minutes.
    Sincere apologies DrPhilGI will have this flagged with the eir Sport team.
    I have checked this number now and there are no issues getting through to it.

-Pamela 

OK Eir:Pamela, we have a problem.

I registered when this merge first happened. I remember doing so because I had to go and find my viewing card number to do so. As I said in the first post, I then called Eir to confirm regarding the refund.

As I mentioned, I have tried a few times to get through to Eir/Setanta in order to get the refund processed but was unable to do so because the wait times on the phone were approaching 45 minutes with no end in sight.

Finally got through tonight and the chap tells me that I never did register online, (I did) and as a result I will not be getting a refund for the past 3 months of Setanta subscription.

This is completely unacceptable. I clearly remember registering, and the only reason this wasn't clarified earlier is because your phone lines have been a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi DrPhilG,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm afraid as we're unable to arrange a refund on this from here we would unfortunately be unable to provide an alternative resolution on this. I'm very sorry for the issues getting through to the support team. I can see Pamela escalated this to the relevant team. 

Apologies again we can't offer better news on this from here. 

Stacey

• Advertisement

Seriously?

So you have scammed me for 3 Setanta payments and won't return them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

I do apologise we are unable to offer better news on this from here. 

Stacey

"sorry" isn't much of a response from a company that has robbed me of €75.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

"sorry" isn't much of a response from a company that has robbed me of €75.
    Hi DrPhilG,

I am extremely sorry to hear you feel this way. I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you. 

I will be sure to relay this feedback onto the relevant department. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement