Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New polisher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Go with a DAS6 over a rotary. You can do alot of damage with a rotary if not use to machine polishing.

DAS6 is much easier to learn on and way more forgiving than a rotary.

Detailing Shed and D&D detailing have good offers on DAS6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Go with a DAS6 over a rotary. You can do alot of damage with a rotary if not use to machine polishing.

DAS6 is much easier to learn on and way more forgiving than a rotary.

Detailing Shed and D&D detailing have good offers on DAS6.

the ones on detailing shed are quite dear, don't want to spend over 100 tbh

Checked dnd and see this one, doesn't specify if its DAS6 but when you type that into their search bar, it appears in their results

http://dnddetailing.ie/product/silverline-1200w-polisher/

I dont know much about polishers but i do know silverline make some awful **** tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

I dont know much about polishers but i do know silverline make some awful **** tools.

Well have to disagree there, my rotary is silver line and has served me well for last 15 years.

OP using a rotary will increase the ability to do damage If your not careful and would suggest a DA polisher would be a much better machine for home enthusiast and as near as fool proof you can get.

That said if your happy to go that way, for whatever reason, then I would recommend Taking your time look at the huge amount YouTube learner video's and for the first handful uses don't go above half speed to reduce accidental damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Sound advice there!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

If you potter about on eBay then there is couple options for da kits, if you can push the budget an extra 50 a poor boys/dodo juice/meguairs type da may pop up for good price.

http://m.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_sop=3&_nkw=flex+dual+action+polisher&_frs=1&_mwBanner=1

Can't comment on 50 quid ones regarding ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Curran wrote: »
    Sound advice there!
    Would i be wrong in saying that you can just do a world of buffing with a rotary? My neighbour is always out buffing his car with a rotary and its the shiniest car ever most of the time. He seems to use AG polish/wax of some sort.

You'be only a limited amount of clear coat that you can remove. If he's using a finishing polish, he probably isn't using a whole lot.
    But if you keep you car clean and decontaminate it every frw months it dent need frequent polishing. I've not polished my car in 6 years. Now it needs it due to swirls (minor) but it still looks shiny when spruced up.

• Advertisement

Dont know anything about them but just to be aware, under 'Condition:'
    Amazon wrote:
    Remanufactured: A properly rebuilt automotive part. The item has been completely disassembled, cleaned and examined for wear and breakage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Sorry if i'm hijacking the thread here, but i too would like to purchase a decent enough DA polisher. My budget would be around €100. I know you are looking towards the bottom end of the market at that but it would just be for polishing, swirl removal and light scratch removal. Any recommendations? I had seen the one linked above in Argos and was wondering whether it would be good enough? Also, are most DA's design common with regard to changing over backing plate? Any lads on here, looking to sell on one of theirs???

Few lads might be able to give feedback on them - one or two picked them up!
    As far as Im aware, yes the backing plates would be similar to the common types of DA

Advertisement