Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The tigers coming back

Options
  • 17-08-2016 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

http://www.thejournal.ie/construction-jobs-pay-ireland-hays-2-2932826-Aug2016/

From this article

Demand for skilled workers is up 40%
    Senior builders can earn up to 100K
    Demand for architectects is up 60%
    Project managers can earn up to 70k
    Quantity surveyors can earn up to 65K

The amount of construction workers is still less than 50% of the week in 2007 of 270000.
    There are currently 130K workers, up from 96K in 2009.
    For example, senior contract managers with over 15 years’ experience can now command salaries of €90,000 plus benefits annually, meanwhile experienced architects can expect salaries in excess of €55,000,” it said.

I hope the tiger comes back roaring. Over the years we here of people in their late 30's to mid 50's saying that irish never learn, the same mistakes will be made.

They seem to forget that alot of them enjoyed the good years of the boom, while all of the young people today, never got the chance to experience it, and most are hoping it comes back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

http://www.thejournal.ie/construction-jobs-pay-ireland-hays-2-2932826-Aug2016/

From this article

Demand for skilled workers is up 40%
    Senior builders can earn up to 100K
    Demand for architectects is up 60%
    Project managers can earn up to 70k
    Quantity surveyors can earn up to 65K

The amount of construction workers is still less than 50% of the week in 2007 of 270000.
    There are currently 130K workers, up from 96K in 20

I hope the tiger comes back roaring. Over the years we here of people in their late 30's to mid 50's saying that irish never learn, the same mistakes will be made.

They seem to forget that alot of them enjoyed the good years of the boom, while all of the young people today, never got the chance to experience it, and most are hoping it comes back.

Would you not put that in the politics cafe.

Before you get carried away with yourself my husband works in the construction industry and has had go to the UK to go get work and has episodes of no work and having to live on his savings. I hope it all keep sunny for everyone for ever and ever but that's not realistic.

And go back to paying 400k for a two bed in Clonee? I don't think so!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

• Registered Users Posts: 13 synhea

Would not it be down to the fact that there is so little skilled professionals with the proper experience required for these projects. obviously high demand for these workers as the industry is picking up again which would mean high wages. Can't blame it all the the tiger.

Advertisement