Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat a Subject

Options
  • 17-08-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey guys just got my results overall happy :) for a mature student, just one grade I'm not happy with, due to not knowing some content in paper 2 maths .. My question is if I want to repeat next year can I just sit Maths again by itself to up my grade?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

To what end?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Seanmul89

endacl wrote: »
    To what end?

Our maths class was a bit of a sham, some content I just didn't know but I thought I'd get at least a B3 I'd sit it again if I could next year to go for the A1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you can, you can sit it twenty times if you want as long as you pay the repeat fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

As far as I know, no, you can't. If you passed a core subject you can keep the matriculation and not sit it again but if there's any one grade you missed I don't think you can repeat JUST that subject. The LC is a package, that's why everyone repeats the year rather than individual subjects!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can repeat a subject as many times as you want with the SEC. You cannot use that subject for college entry on its own.

Plenty of people do the LC in individual subjects and do not use them for college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

As far as I know, no, you can't. If you passed a core subject you can keep the matriculation and not sit it again but if there's any one grade you missed I don't think you can repeat JUST that subject. The LC is a package, that's why everyone repeats the year rather than individual subjects!

Any person can repeat as many LC subjects as they want as many times as they want. They just can't combine grades from different Leaving Certs for points. Points total must all come from one year.

Advertisement