Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car seat escapee - recommendations for a second set of belt clips??

Options
  • 17-08-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This may be a question for the car seat thread, but I'm not sure.

We have a two year old who loves nothing better than to wiggle her arms out of the car seat straps, no matter how tight they are pulled. I have been getting around to buying a clip that holds the straps together across the chest, making it impossible for her to get her arms out. When I went looking at them today, I discovered this product also exists:

http://5pointplus.com/no-wonder-chest-clips-on-car-seats-are-illegal/

It actually appeals to me a lot more because I won't have to fiddle with two sets of clips while she squeals (inevitable once she figures out what the second set of clips does), but has anyone used one of these?Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions/reviews etc??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We moved to a Kiddy seat with a bumper to stop her escaping .

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What type of seat is that Moonbeam? She sits in her seat alright, just likes her arms free to wave them around....
    We have two Maxi Cosi Axis and I'm really reluctant to go spending more money on another type of seat for no. 1, given that baba no.2 will need a proper seat too in less than a year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

BusyIzzy wrote: »
    What type of seat is that Moonbeam? She sits in her seat alright, just likes her arms free to wave them around....
    We have two Maxi Cosi Axis and I'm really reluctant to go spending more money on another type of seat for no. 1, given that baba no.2 will need a proper seat too in less than a year.

Kiddy fix guardian pro I think . She can not break out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Baby_Bear

The 5 point plus is a very good solution. Also just incase you are strapping her in differently, be sure to loosen and re-tighten the straps every time you put her into the seat, this will help ensure that the straps are good and tight. They should be tight enough that if you were to put her in the seat without it being in the car that you'd be confident enough to put the seat above your head with the child looking down at you and they wouldn't fall out. I'm not saying for you to actually do that but it's a good visual for people to know how tight the straps need to be.

The Houdini stop can be used here,
    http://www.houdinistop.com/213524/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The Houdini stop can be used here,
    http://www.houdinistop.com/213524/

We got one of these the last time this topic came up...suffice it to say he has stayed in his seat ever since;)

It worked for us for a while until she used her hyper mobility against us.
    She would get her legs through chest straps and other equally as impressive things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It worked for us for a while until she used her hyper mobility against us.
    She would get her legs through chest straps and other equally as impressive things.

Wow! Future Gymnast!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They always find a way, don't they....
    Thanks for the help everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We have tried the 5 point plus. It's like a waistcoat. My guy could wriggle out of it in no time! We then bought the "besafe chest clip"
    For 5euro in tony kealys.
    We had some success with it. I took it off a few weeks ago when we were going on hols and never put it back on since. My guy (touch wood) has stopped trying to get out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement