Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card PPI

Options
  • 17-08-2016 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Good Afternoon,

I recall back when the PPI mis-selling issue broke out last year I submitted a form requesting that a check was made as to whether I was mis-sold my PPI insurance. 
    As part of this form I recall that I had agreed to cancel my PPI; however, I still appear to be paying PPI on my credit card.

As I don't have a copy of the form that I sent to Bank of Ireland I was wondering if you could issue me a copy of what I sent and clarify this situation for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Dunphus wrote: »
    Good Afternoon,

I recall back when the PPI mis-selling issue broke out last year I submitted a form requesting that a check was made as to whether I was mis-sold my PPI insurance. 
    As part of this form I recall that I had agreed to cancel my PPI; however, I still appear to be paying PPI on my credit card.

As I don't have a copy of the form that I sent to Bank of Ireland I was wondering if you could issue me a copy of what I sent and clarify this situation for me?
    Good Afternoon Dunphus, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie If you would like copies of this information to or from Bank of Ireland please write to 

The PPI Complaints Unit, 
    Group Customer Complaints, 
    PO Box 1204, 
    New Century House, 
    Mayor St. Lower, 
    IFSC, 
    Dublin 1. 

You will need to include your personal details: Name, Address, Loan/Mortgage/Credit Card number, your branch.
    If you would like an update on your claim please call 0818 251 251.

Should you wish to cancel PPI on your credit card account, please send your signed instruction including your credit card number to 
    Bank of Ireland, 
    Back Office, 
    2nd Floor Operations Centre, 
    Cabinteely, 
    Dublin 18. 

Once received, this insurance will be cancelled from your account.

Just to mention, recent notification has been issued by Bank of Ireland to some customers who may be due a refund for amounts paid on credit cards to Card Protection (CPP). If this is the insurance which you are referring to please be advised that this redress scheme is now closed. For more information on this redress scheme please see here http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/product-queries/personal-banking/card-protection/

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

Good Afternoon,

Good Afternoon Dunphus, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie If you would like copies of this information to or from Bank of Ireland please write to 

The PPI Complaints Unit, 
    PO Box 1204, 
    New Century House, 
    Mayor St. Lower, 
    IFSC, 
    Dublin 1. 

You will need to include your personal details: Name, Address, Loan/Mortgage/Credit Card number, your branch.

Should you wish to cancel PPI on your credit card account, please send your signed instruction including your credit card number to 
    Bank of Ireland, 
    Back Office, 
    Cabinteely, 
    Dublin 18. 

Just to mention, recent notification has been issued by Bank of Ireland to some customers who may be due a refund for amounts paid on credit cards to Card Protection (CPP). If this is the insurance which you are referring to please be advised that this redress scheme is now closed. For more information on this redress scheme please see here http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/product-queries/personal-banking/card-protection/

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Thanks for your response Evie,

The point I was trying to make is that I did get a refund as part of the CPP redress scheme and as part of that scheme I recall that I was obliged to cancel my CPP. However, the fees are still taken each month so despite cancelling I still seem to be paying for the cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Good Afternoon,

Good Afternoon Dunphus, 

The PPI Complaints Unit, 
    PO Box 1204, 
    New Century House, 
    Mayor St. Lower, 
    IFSC, 
    Dublin 1. 

Bank of Ireland, 
    Back Office, 
    Cabinteely, 
    Dublin 18. 

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Thanks for your response Evie,

The point I was trying to make is that I did get a refund as part of the CPP redress scheme and as part of that scheme I recall that I was obliged to cancel my CPP. However, the fees are still taken each month so despite cancelling I still seem to be paying for the cover.
    Hi Dunphus, 

The monthly charge on your credit card you mention would be PPI and not CPP. If you wish to cancel this please send signed written instruction to the address Evie mentions above for PPI cancellation. If you are unsure about these charges please contact our Credit Card team on 0818 251 251.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement