Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camera Add on Options to existing Alarm

Options
  • 17-08-2016 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I have a Europlex Signet 220 with IP alarm installed in the house. I am looking at adding cameras for extra security particularly during the day time when the house may be unoccupied.

I've quickly looked at a few options (Nest, Arlo) but am wondering if there is something that could integrate directly into the Europlex Signet 220 and provide a better overall solution.

On a sidenote I'm also having some issues with the GSM module of the Signet 220. I had it setup to send a text on a weekly basis but it is no longer working. I've tried texting the system directly but receive no response from it. The GSM card appears to be working fine and there is money in the account so not sure what the issue is.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you upgrade your panel firmware to SPC there are certain IP camera you can add where you can view snapshots via SPC Connect App.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

that sounds like it might be an option. would i be able to remotely login to view the snapshots if the alarm was triggered? is there much involved in upgrading the firmware to spc?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could.The app will show up to 4 compatible IP cameras.

Advertisement