Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Crunch Fitness Prices August 2016

• 17-08-2016 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Hi All,

Struggled to find prices online so I thought I would post up the latest prices as of August 2016.

Joining Fee : €349:eek: [didnt think such a thing still existed in this day and age]
    Monthly : €69 [locked into a 12 month contract, which can be altered at managers discretion]

Told them this was ridiculous and that I had colleagues who are members who paid no joining fee and €49 per month. Just got a call to say the can reduce joining fee to €149 and €69 per month.

Now, I do get it is high end compared to the no frills Ben Dunne, but the secretive nature of it all and the premium just to walk through the door is just ridiculous IMHO.

Anyway, hope posting the prices will save some people the bother of having a big meeting to discuss membership and see the elusive top secret pricelist. :rolleyes:

Best

VC:pac:

Comments

They have "no joining fee" "sales" on all the time on the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

bluewolf wrote: »
    They have "no joining fee" "sales" on all the time on the site

Bizarre. My experience is based on meeting with them yesterday in Dun Laoghaire. Price list said valid from 1st jan 2016 yet I was told the prices just went up 4 weeks ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Hi All,

Struggled to find prices online so I thought I would post up the latest prices as of August 2016.

Joining Fee : €349:eek: [didnt think such a thing still existed in this day and age]
    Monthly : €69 [locked into a 12 month contract, which can be altered at managers discretion]

Told them this was ridiculous and that I had colleagues who are members who paid no joining fee and €49 per month. Just got a call to say the can reduce joining fee to €149 and €69 per month.

Now, I do get it is high end compared to the no frills Ben Dunne, but the secretive nature of it all and the premium just to walk through the door is just ridiculous IMHO.

Anyway, hope posting the prices will save some people the bother of having a big meeting to discuss membership and see the elusive top secret pricelist. :rolleyes:

Best

VC:pac:
    with so many choices of decent gyms to join that someone would even consider joining crunch is bizarre, plenty of better alternatives around (though few have a pool and decent spa facilities if you're into that)

I found the UCD Fitness Pool and Sauna/Steamroom to be quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niyamaha

Crunch gyms were recently bought over by Westwood apparently. ..that may explain the higher prices than what your colleagues paid

• Advertisement

Niyamaha wrote: »
    Crunch gyms were recently bought over by Westwood apparently. ..that may explain the higher prices than what your colleagues paid

He did mention that. But the pricelist he gave said prices from Jan 16. Said they had no plans to allow a travelling membership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I don't know what it is about gyms that makes them behave like such shysters around fees and prices. Just have one public fee for everyone - stop with all the cloak and dagger.

did i mention that the pricelist was taken back when I said the prices were mad :pac:

Advertisement