Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I please get a receipt for a payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 17-08-2016 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

To whom it may concern

I have just paid the final bill on my mother's (recently deceased) account.  
    1) It took me about two hours to get through to someone to make the payment
    2) Apparently it is an impossibility for me to get a receipt to acknowledge payment - why is this?
    3) Your very caring and concerned staff (I was passed from Billy to Jack trying to get a receipt) didn't seem to take it in that my mother was recently deceased - and kept calling me by my mother's first name (name on the bill).  Please remind your staff to a) not use first names so casually  - I think it is the height of rudeness and b) put a note on the account saying that the account holder is deceased - save both sides any upset and embarrassment.

Thanks so much for reminding me of why I PERSONALLY have an account with Vodafone.  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

stabilio wrote: »
    To whom it may concern

2) Apparently it is an impossibility for me to get a receipt to acknowledge payment - why is this?
    3) Your very caring and concerned staff (I was passed from Billy to Jack trying to get a receipt) didn't seem to take it in that my mother was recently deceased - and kept calling me by my mother's first name (name on the bill).  Please remind your staff to a) not use first names so casually  - I think it is the height of rudeness and b) put a note on the account saying that the account holder is deceased - save both sides any upset and embarrassment.

Thanks so much for reminding me of why I PERSONALLY have an account with Vodafone.  
    Had the same experience myself lately. Just appalling to be put through it all. Never got a receipt in the end. nor a reimbursement for the overcharging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

To whom it may concern

Hi stabilio,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm afraid we would be unable to issue a receipt directly to you at point of payment.
    A new invoice will be issued on the account where you can view this payment, this would be your proof of payment. I can also send you an e-mail if you wish to advise confirmation of this payment.

I can understand this completely and I'm genuinely sorry to hear this. I will of course have this flagged with our customer care team as this is not the service we aim to provide, especially in this situation. Again apologies.

-Pamela 

To whom it may concern

Had the same experience myself lately. Just appalling to be put through it all. Never got a receipt in the end. nor a reimbursement for the overcharging.
    Hi  vintagecosmos,

Is there anything I can assist you with?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

My mam recently had the very same headache with eir over my dad's(deceased) account. Seems to be an internal systems failure to deal with a real life event that will occur. (And the poor support staff must get this on daily basis's)

They should have a much smoother process for dealing with these situations.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

BronsonTB wrote: »
    My mam recently had the very same headache with eir over my dad's(deceased) account. Seems to be an internal systems failure to deal with a real life event that will occur. (And the poor support staff must get this on daily basis's)

They should have a much smoother process for dealing with these situations.
    I'm so sorry to hear this  BronsonTB and I will have this flagged with the relevant team and pass your feedback on in relation to your mother's experience. Please do pass on our apologies to your mother, I can understand how difficult a time this must have been for her and your family.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

To whom it may concern

Hi  vintagecosmos,

-Pamela 
    Well i tried to talk to your twitter team but was told i have to call you. after 2 hours plus on the phone and explaining to 5 separate people that my mother died I just dont have the heart for it. Feel free to PM me but i have a feeling you wont be able to help me as to date i have nothing but broken promises from Eir.

To whom it may concern

Hi  vintagecosmos,

-Pamela 
    Well i tried to talk to your twitter team but was told i have to call you. after 2 hours plus on the phone and explaining to 5 separate people that my mother died I just dont have the heart for it. Feel free to PM me but i have a feeling you wont be able to help me as to date i have nothing but broken promises from Eir.
    I have sent you a PM  vintagecosmos,

-Pamela 

Advertisement