Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade an old PC to a 'middle of the road' gaming PC

Options
  • 17-08-2016 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Details listed below....I want to reuse what I can from an existing PC to build a gaming PC. I am not planning for cutting edge 4K or anything like that, 720 or 1080p resolution would be more than adequate for me. I was going to buy a bundle that has motherboard, cpu, cooler and memory, but the only reason I was thinking bundle was compatibility. I figure you guys could help suggest a compatible board and CPU. I am not looking for cutting edge, but I would not be surprised if I bought a Vive in the next 6 to 12 months.
    I was thinking this RX480 would do the job for me?
    Need advice on CPU and board, I have totally lost track of CPU's but I do have a preference for Intel if that helps.
    Thanks.

1. What is your budget? 600 - 800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming (1080p at best, no plans for 4K or anything) - Overwatch, Witcher. Maybe VR in the future

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Yes, Case, Hopefully PSU need to confirm, keyboard, mouse, HDD (I want to buy a new SSD for the OS)

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    1920x1080 No plans to upgrade as long as my existing one stays alive.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No peripherals

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit, Laser, bank transfer

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? N/A

Comments

Advertisement