Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False accusations by Manager

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think people forget that their posting style reveals a lot about them. So it will influence not only the responses they get but also their credibility. That's just human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

beauf wrote: »
    I think people forget that their posting style reveals a lot about them. So it will influence not only the responses they get but also their credibility. That's just human nature.

I find it very hard to reconcile many of those comments to a "sensitive soul" as the OP describes himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

beauf wrote: »
    Yes. Was there something specific you had a problem with. Or is it everything like recording all interactions, and making sure your stats were impeccable.

If you worked in HR and someone made complaint that a manager sniggered at them, and informed them of a complaint. What sort of action would you take.

You left out the words 'have to defend your job' while the manager was sniggering.

If i did work in HR I would question the manager as to why this was brought up in an unofficial capacity and also get their version of events.

Why, if you worked in HR what would you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I wasn't talking about the OP situation. Just a generic situation.

If I worked in HR I'd not wing it, as you propose but follow the company policy on complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

As a manager myself, I will say this! You are right to be angry, and this individual is a power seeking, likely insecure twat.

However, it's all just threats and games, if the was a complaint made against you there would be a process put in place,

Relax there's nothing there other than a nasty and sad individual looking to seek power and control over those around her, likely due to deficiencies in her personal life.

I'd imagine some of the responses you are getting here are due to your story resonating with them in some manner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dudara wrote: »
    I'm afraid not. If someone from the company in question figured out who the OP was, do you think this would be counted in his favour? Or ignored, because "it was outside work"?

Companies are increasingly using social media etc to vet candidates. What you say online can haunt you.

Plus, if the OP is saying this here, there's a possibility that he's displaying similar attitudes at work. Keeping it cool, calm and professional is what is needed.

Well unless the company, along with boards breach data protection or get guards and court involved then there is no way to identify the OP officially

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭cml387

Workish wrote: »
    Well unless the company, along with boards breach data protection or get guards and court involved then there is no way to identify the OP officially
    By just looking at a user's posting history one can build up a pretty good idea of who they are.
    No need for court orders or ip traces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

As with all disputes/grievances, the story is always biased by the person telling it. But certainly in this story there would seem to be more than a few clues about the personality of the poster. Commenting on someone's weight to give gravitas to your opinion is never a good start, but what struck me was the stupidity of telling the person who was specifically brought in to whip the team into shape that her policies were "absurd and unworkable" can not be ignored. With that type of attitude, and unwillingness to change, I'd be looking to move that person on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

dar100 wrote: »

I'd imagine some of the responses you are getting here are due to your story resonating with them in some manner
    davo10 wrote: »
    As with all disputes/grievances, the story is always biased by the person telling it. But certainly in this story there would seem to be more than a few clues about the personality of the poster. Commenting on someone's weight to give gravitas to your opinion is never a good start, but what struck me was the stupidity of telling the person who was specifically brought in to whip the team into shape that her policies were "absurd and unworkable" can not be ignored. With that type of attitude, and unwillingness to change, I'd be looking to move that person on too.

I think anyone who has people reporting to them would experience of someone like the OP in their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

davo10 wrote: »

You strike me as someone whom has never stood up for themselves in their lifes or is afraid to. Pointing out the ridiculous and unworkable nature of new rules to someone who has never done the job ever is not a sackable offence as much as you like it to be. If it was well I'd hate to live there!. Where you from pal North Korea?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

You strike me as someone whom has never stood up for themselves in their lifes or is afraid to. Pointing out the ridiculous and unworkable nature of new rules to someone who has never done the job ever is not a sackable offence as much as you like it to be. If it was well I'd hate to live there!. Where you from pal North Korea?.

OP you have a serious case of the dramatics.

yes there is a time and place to stand up for yourself but belittling and insulting someone because you disagree with how they manage a business says more about you than them.

In general when you are someones subordinate ie in the workplace , you have to grin and bear it, you are jumping on people on this thread who are offering a differing opinion and i cant help but think you act the same at work, which wouldnt be pleasant for anyone. im not condoning your managers actions but i cant help but think theres more to the story here.

having an open line of communication so issues can be dealt with in a mature and professional way is key in business. im guessing that thats not happening with this change, you oppose so much.

the dramatics dont play well at work. on boards.ie yeah its hilarious but at work id be managing you out to if you react the way you have here,

and id dread to see what youd say about me if i was brought in to manage you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I was planning to write a post with different suggestions to help the OP, however, I decided not to, mainly because of his/her posts about the manager, the insults towards the manager and the fact that he/she doesn't seem to appreciate an honest feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

She's the operations manager tasked with whipping the team into shape, her job may depend on the success of that task, you've now shown yourself to be opposed to those changes and possibly resistant to them. As a previous poster said, everyone in management position, including myself, have experience of such situations. The best way for the management to approach it is to give the person an opportunity to adapt, if they can't, then it is better to remove the person from the team as their attitude can prevent the whole team from changing their work flow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Mod: OP banned for a month, thread closed, OP can ask for it to be reopened on their return

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement