Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical agricultural officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

Someone must have a contact in the DARM or PAS that could give a timeframe to when we would know any indication of a panel or at least a second round of interviews at this stage! Like this is beyond crazy... what's the point in even advertising 6 - 7 months ago, without even appointing anyone to a panel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I am after getting notification of being placed on order of merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Results are out

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicchick88

Is everyone happy with their results?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kiltannon

How many jobs on offer, wondering what is a good order of merit for Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Sticks24

Got number 14 in Kildare was wondering would I have a good chance of getting a job with this position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭StevenToast

nicchick88 wrote: »
    Is everyone happy with their results?

Im in the top 10 for Limerick and Tipp....

Not sure what that means.....

How long does the panel last?...id say its 1 year starting from today...but would be great if it was 2 years!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

How long does the panel last?...id say its 1 year starting from today...but would be great if it was 2 years!

In older panels, the panel ran for 2 years from the day the first person is employed off the panel

Would say inside top 10 is a must to get a job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

When a position is filled will you be notified that you have been moved up the order of merit?

• Advertisement

So I got 14 in cavan and 2 in Monaghan.. I've never went for a public job before, what way does it work? If I get offered Monaghan and accept it and get offered Cavan down the line can I switch or if I accept Monaghan do I get taken off the list for Cavan?

Kiltannon wrote: »
    How many jobs on offer, wondering what is a good order of merit for Kildare.

What order of merit did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

timple23 wrote: »
    When a position is filled will you be notified that you have been moved up the order of merit?

Wouldn't think so.
    You'll end up ringing them every few months to see if theres any movement yet...

I got in the top 10 for Kildare and Meath.
    Will have to wait and see when they will be offering positions now

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

There are a heap of Tao jobs available in the country. I previously worked as a Tao. Placing top 10 in any big county will definitely get a job offer at some point , if it's anything like previous competitions.

There are a heap of Tao jobs available in the country. I previously worked as a Tao. Placing top 10 in any big county will definitely get a job offer at some point , if it's anything like previous competitions.

Do you think I’ve a chance with placing 14th in Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

Sticks24 wrote: »
    Do you think I’ve a chance with placing 14th in Kildare?

Yes 100% you will get a job offer

Thanks that’s great news

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

How would there be so many jobs available? Are TAO’s moving into different roles or is new work coming available? Will the jobs be offered over the phone or by email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Damo810 wrote: »
    How would there be so many jobs available? Are TAO’s moving into different roles or is new work coming available? Will the jobs be offered over the phone or by email?

Retirements.
    Hardly a day goes by without a notice popping up on the intranet about someone in Ag retiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 mjvw82

Damo810 wrote: »

A combination of retirements, a recent panel for promotion to SAO and brexit posts. Dept can only employ a max number of people each quarter. A bunch of job offers will most likely be made in the next couple of weeks for the priority posts. When you accept a post in one county, you come off all panels and don't get offered any other jobs. Once offered the job, then they start the eligibility checks for qualifications, they will need to do guarda clearance checks and medical etc. That will take at least 6 weeks so could be 2-3 months from getting job offer to starting the job

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

Placed 15th in Wexford and Waterford, do I have any hope of getting a position anyone think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fullback333

Placed 15th in Wexford and Waterford, do I have any hope of getting a position anyone think?!

Not sure how both of us placed 15th in Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnny 1121

I place 400 in the panel and got emailed to submit my counties of preference. Just wondering if there is much hope of getting a job any help would be appreciated

Sounds like certain counties didn't get many preferences, hence the Dept want to increase the panel in hoping to get a better distribution amongst the counties where jobs are.

Anyone get any job offerings yet or any communication from PAS.

Kiltannon wrote: »
    Anyone get any job offerings yet or any communication from PAS.

No word yet.. wonder how long does it usually take..?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 holly7up

Has anyone heard anything since release of panel results?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

holly7up wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything since release of panel results?

Tumbleweeds :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I sent them an email last week to see when they would start offering positions. I got a generic email this afternoon...no information on it all. Said They would be in contact when and if they reach your OOM

Advertisement