Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical agricultural officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Theyank1 wrote: »
    Anyone else get placed on a panel?

I got placed this week, disappointed with my result, I was 10 after the supervised test but 14 now after the interview. Doubt they would reach that low.

Youd be surprised. A bunch of my friends got called back for tests 1 year after the first round of applicants back in the 2016 tao recruitment after originally placing very low on oom. i guess because they couldnt fill the places. They waited 6 months for an offer. So you might get somewhere youll just have to wait longer, maybe a year? Hard to know.

I rang pas on friday. Im no.5 in a county, they told me 2 positions have been filled so now im third in line but dunno when or if ill be offered work. My guess is ill probably get an offer sometime next year so ill park any notion of getting a job offer anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Winter2018

That's not a bad position... I am hopeful they will place lots ... what County is that for ?   I spoke to a TO at the Ploughing and he was in the 40's for Wexford in the last competition and he is now working for the Dept so there is hope that a good few will be placed.
    I have a position in the top 5 for Offaly but not heard a peep yet !!!   Galway was my 2nd County but not heard about my position on that yet.
    Its a nightmare waiting... wish there was different process that you at least they advised you would be placed in either six/twelve months etc...
    Good luck to everyone waiting !

Winter2018 wrote: »
    That's not a bad position... I am hopeful they will place lots ... what County is that for ?   I spoke to a TO at the Ploughing and he was in the 40's for Wexford in the last competition and he is now working for the Dept so there is hope that a good few will be placed.
    I have a position in the top 5 for Offaly but not heard a peep yet !!!   Galway was my 2nd County but not heard about my position on that yet.
    Its a nightmare waiting... wish there was different process that you at least they advised you would be placed in either six/twelve months etc...

You must be from offaly, sorry for your troubles 😅 I'm no 5 in Carlow and no word on laois placement. Aye waiting is a pain, not the worst life problem thou so may just wait it out. Gluk!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Theyank1

It's for Donegal. I heard on the ground that there will between 3-5 vacancies in Donegal. That gives me hope that they will go down that far on the panel. Yeah it's horrible waiting but hope it worth it. Good luck 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

I interviewed a few weeks back for a Monaghan position. Apart from the points made above I was also asked my opinion on Brexit and what did I think of the Dept plans to eradicate TB by 2020. Just for anyone with an interview coming up. This was from the Dept guy in the room, the PAS woman stuck to the script with the competencies.

• Advertisement

gav86 wrote: »
    I interviewed a few weeks back for a Monaghan position. Apart from the points made above I was also asked my opinion on Brexit and what did I think of the Dept plans to eradicate TB by 2020. Just for anyone with an interview coming up. This was from the Dept guy in the room, the PAS woman stuck to the script with the competencies.

I got asked the same questions myself, the TB 1 was unexpected but I was well prepared for a brexit question.

Did anyone get offers yet or hear any word, it's been months since I last heard from dept. Wondering will the dept hire more people with brexit going so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 helenmaria1970

Give them a ring and find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lewisdale

Good few positions filled at this stage I m hearing.Not sure what way Brexit will effect things don't think anyone knows really

Dont think brexit would have a big impact on tao jobs. Ive heard nothing either since the interview.

Could be a few vacancies in the coming months as there was a competition for dept inspectors recently so some of the current tao's might get promotions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lewisdale

The change of retirement age might change things as people may stay working now till 70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Has anyone had any interviews / offers / updates lately?

No, but aren't they advertising again..Farmer's journal recently..?

Still waiting know my position on one County panel but have heard nothing further - like you wondering if anyone has had an offer of an actual job yet ! Last time I checked they hadn't done all the interviews for Galway yet so don't know where I will be on that list - nearly retiring before they notify me no doubt !!!

Might give them another chase and if I have any news will post.

Cheers

Still waiting know my position on one County panel but have heard nothing further - like you wondering if anyone has had an offer of an actual job yet ! Last time I checked they hadn't done all the interviews for Galway yet so don't know where I will be on that list - nearly retiring before they notify me no doubt !!!

Might give them another chase and if I have any news will post.

Cheers

I got an update on my position on the panel following the interview today, wasn't expecting it so soon, or even on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Farmergreen19

I got an update on my position on the panel following the interview today, wasn't expecting it so soon, or even on a Saturday.

I was the same, I take it the result was for Roscommon, I'm a good bit down the list what place did you get? Do you know if there are many vacancies in Roscommon

I was the same, I take it the result was for Roscommon, I'm a good bit down the list what place did you get? Do you know if there are many vacancies in Roscommon

I'm at the high end for Roscommon but I've heard nothing about vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 claas640

Hello everyone,

Just wondering has anyone any more info on counties offaly and roscommon please? I just missed out for interview on both counties, any info greatly appreciated, Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 John 123

Just wondering how many jobs available roscommon / leitrim area ? Has ne one been placed yet I’m a good bit diwn the list thanks

John 123 wrote: »
    Just wondering how many jobs available roscommon / leitrim area ? Has ne one been placed yet I’m a good bit diwn the list thanks
    Not that I've heard of for Roscommon anyway.

• Advertisement

So what was your update? How did u score after interview?
    Iv been talking to a few people and haven't actually heard of any1 getting a position, it's awful slow now!

Hi,

Had an email today asking for my Exam Certificates... is this a hopeful sign that they are actually going to be offering I wonder !!!!!!!!!!!

I guess so. Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Hi,

Had an email today asking for my Exam Certificates... is this a hopeful sign that they are actually going to be offering I wonder !!!!!!!!!!!

Did we not bring our exam certificates to the assessments?
    It was that long ago I cant remember..

Some forget, i did, and was asked to send them on.

Hi,

Just thought I would give an update ... have had a phone call saying they are going to be offering and now received an email for garda vetting, medical, audiology etc... we have waited so long and they need everything back with 7 days !! Formal offer won't be given until all paperwork back but at least its moving along.

So be hopeful all ... its starting to happen.

Cheers and Good Luck.

Thanks for posting that. Best of luck to you !

Hi,

Just thought I would give an update ... have had a phone call saying they are going to be offering and now received an email for garda vetting, medical, audiology etc... we have waited so long and they need everything back with 7 days !! Formal offer won't be given until all paperwork back but at least its moving along.

So be hopeful all ... its starting to happen.

Cheers and Good Luck.

Same boat here, just ploughing through it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Farmergreen19

Same boat here, just ploughing through it all.

Fair play!! What number on the panel were ye?

• Advertisement

Hi

Sorry only just saw post... number 4 on panel.

Advertisement