Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical agricultural officer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Can anyone who's been posted give any feedback on what they think of the job so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Winter2018

Not starting till middle of May but will certainly let you know after I have done a week or so !!

Winter2018 wrote: »
    Not starting till middle of May but will certainly let you know after I have done a week or so !!
    Hey, congrats on the posting! Mulling it over here what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Theyank1

Just got an update on my position on my 2nd choice for placement 8 months after I did the interview. Was a good result iv moved into single figures and I now have a higher placement than my 1st choice.

Has anyone started the job yet and how do they find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 John 123

Fair play!! What number on the panel were ye?

Has ne one started yet with dept or moved up the panel thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lewisdale

Ya i started in meat plants.Loving it so far,work is grand way better than office job ,not dealing with any angry farmers& problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saolnua

hi

Ive been called for interview in July, did the exam last summer in 2018. whats the current salary scale? is there anything extra for having a level 8 degree?
    thanks

saolnua wrote: »
    hi

Ive been called for interview in July, did the exam last summer in 2018. whats the current salary scale? is there anything extra for having a level 8 degree?
    thanks

No, everyone starts at the bottom increment

Thanks , what’s the starting salary, I can’t find it online, and is it possible to work up to assistant inspector?

If you have level 8 agriculture degree. Otherwise you work up on the technical side. ( I know, I tried)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 John 123

Can I enquire does your payscale depend on type of degree you have thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Farmergreen19

**A quick question for anyone that has started*
    Where are ye positioned (office,meat factory) and what sort of duties are ye carrying out?

How long after interview did they contact you with offer?
    What did you need to provide within the 7 days please? Did you have to go for medical, hearing tests or what?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Winter2018

Hi,

I accepted a post in the factory although it wasn’t what I was after but if I declined offer I was off panel so thought I would give it a try first. I have to say the role is not what I thought and I have surprised myself in that I am enjoying it. The role isn’t stressful and no hassle so am glad I took the chance, Not sure I will want to stay here forever but happy to do my two years before being able to transfer area to be closer to home.

With regard to question over offer. I waited a few months after interview (no 4 on list for county) for offer but when offer came through they wanted all paperwork through fairly promptly. Completed Garda questionnaire and had to arrange hearing test and appointment with Doctor but everything went through quickly then.

Hope that helps ye and don’t be afraid if it’s the meat factory you get offered it’s not as bad as you expect !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fred1983

Anybody get an email today about job vacancies

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Theyank1

Yes asking if we are still interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fred1983

Wonder what's it all about, wondering why they contacted us when it wasn't our preference county's

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Massey3079

Did any positions come up in Monaghan or Louth because I am ranked 8th in Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Massey3079 wrote: »
    Did any positions come up in Monaghan or Louth because I am ranked 8th in Louth

No positions in either as far as I know, both are my preferred counties! Got offered to apply for the Waterford/Kildare jobs - enquired for more info and no one got back to me.

Yeah I did the same and like yourself I haven't heard anything back. A friend of mine was offered a job on Cavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ashtm

Has anyone any updates on offers?
    I'm on the panel for wexford and recently received an email to say I am under consideration for Waterford posting, haven't heard anything since last Wednesday regarding it.

Any one offered kildare, was talking to a friend and he replied and had to send off more information to them

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Massey3079 wrote: »
    Any one offered kildare, was talking to a friend and he replied and had to send off more information to them

Just got another message about Cork, Cavan, Kildare, Meath, Tipp, Wexford and Waterford.. Do you know what information they were looking for Massey?

They were looking for audiogram, results and references and vaccine records and to get them back to them asap

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

Seen on public jobs that they've the started a new recruitment drive for TAO's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Any tips for someone applying to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 claas640

timple23 wrote: »
    Any tips for someone applying to this?

Be willing to be very patient

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

Read the competencys in the description on public jobs, have a general idea of the schemes like BEEP S and TB eradication. Be sensible with what 2 counties you put down as preference, Sligo has no DVO or meat plant for example so TAO work there is minimal, Kildare for example has a DVO and also 2 or 3 meat plants so job opportunities are far higher in that county. Don t let the starting salary put you off, there are annual increments and with most TAO roles there does be expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carlow20

Any one know if you're already working in public service as a Clerical officer can you transfer to same point of scale for TAO? Just noticed payscale seems to be the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Janedough

Anyone have any problems downloading the pdf application, I emailed them and they replied, so I did what they said to do but still getting the 'please wait" page

Advertisement