Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending money Melbourne

Options
  • 17-08-2016 7:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Ill be in Melbourne for 3 weeks soon on holidays, Flights paid for and there are no accommodation costs as ill be staying with my brother , the only thing I will be spending my money on is food and drink so I was wondering whats a good budget

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Ill be in Melbourne for 3 weeks soon on holidays, Flights paid for and there are no accommodation costs as ill be staying with my brother , the only thing I will be spending my money on is food and drink so I was wondering whats a good budget

anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

anyone

I'm heading to Sydney and Brisbane shortly. im bringing €100 per day to cover food, drinks, tourist attractions fees. That's what I bring going to any country I visit. And it's worked out ok for me.

Your brother should be able to advise you on what spending money you need. And you can get prices in Internet of attractions you plan visiting.

It's hard to advise someone not knowing their interests and food standards and how often you are planning on going on the beer. While one person could manage on €30 a day others might struggle on €100.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    I'm heading to Sydney and Brisbane shortly. im bringing €100 per day to cover food, drinks, tourist attractions fees. That's what I bring going to any country I visit. And it's worked out ok for me.

Your brother should be able to advise you on what spending money you need. And you can get prices in Internet of attractions you plan visiting.

It's hard to advise someone not knowing their interests and food standards and how often you are planning on going on the beer. While one person could manage on €30 a day others might struggle on €100.

My budget is 2k for 12 days, should be enough. How are you planning to bring your money, get cash through foreign exchange or just use ATM over there

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

My budget is 2k for 12 days, should be enough. How are you planning to bring your money, get cash through foreign exchange or just use ATM over there[/quote

I'm Getting most of cash through foreign currency so I know what exactly I have. Will have credit card with me so might not get full amount in cash. Haven't really thought about that yet. I need to look into fees on cards etc first.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dats_rite

Id advise changing your maoney with currencyfair and sending it to your brothers account then getting him to give you money every few days.

ATM youll get fleeced with exchange rates and fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I am going to a wedding in Sydney in a few months. I was thinking of having money lodged into my irish CREDIT CARD. We are going for nearly 2 weeks. Is that a good idea. Its all about the charges for fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

If you are just buying food and drinks you really can spend as much or as little as you like. You can eat in fast food places or food courts and I guess if your brother lives there you won't need to eat out for every meal. However you can also go to places like Rockpool or any of the fancier restaurants and spend hundreds on one meal.

Pubs in the city centre areas are expensive, you can pay up to $15 for 500ml lager.

Attractions all have their prices online and you often get better deals buying tickets in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Irish_Aus

When you land, look up an App called "Happiest Hour". It shows you where there is a happy hour price for food/drink around Melbourne. Its a bit of craic going around finding the best deals, you also uncover a few gems you otherwise would walk past.

Advertisement