Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

media player for android box

Options
  • 17-08-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for a media player type app for my android box (S905 2GB/16GB). Kodi is just too complicated for kids, looking for something to play local content only (USB HDD and via local network) but is not Kodi nor Plex. Don't mind paying - any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hi all,
    Looking for a media player type app for my android box (S905 2GB/16GB). Kodi is just too complicated for kids, looking for something to play local content only (USB HDD and via local network) but is not Kodi nor Plex. Don't mind paying - any recommendations?

have you used the favourite function in kodi? makes things a little quicker and less complicated when trying to activate addons.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

I don't want any addons. I want to play local content only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Why not Plex dont mind me asking... would have thought it idea for the kids with its simple clean library selection.

Just trying something new. Up until now I was using Roku3 with Plex, but don't like the way the series are indexed, there's not easy way to play a number of files without creating a playlist (i.e. random play).

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

How old are the kids?
    Mine are aged 8 and 10 have no problems with Kodi and Plex on the android box once you show them where to go. Content is mainly local network setup in the Kodi/Plex library, but they've got no issues with add-ons either.

However if you want a basic app that just plays stuff - try VLC? have it on my daughter's Kindle Fire and plays network stuff very well.

• Advertisement

Using VLS myself, however for kids (older is 6) I want something with cover art (that doesn't require manual download).

Advertisement