Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long did it take you to go sale agreed ?

Options
  • 17-08-2016 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

As the title says how long on average does it take in your experience? We are three weeks at this the EA is from our experience useless. Doesn't return calls. We have had no feedback. The frustration trying to deal with her is just unbelievable. What has your experience been?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

sadie1502 wrote: »
    As the title says how long on average does it take in your experience? We are three weeks at this the EA is from our experience useless. Doesn't return calls. We have had no feedback. The frustration trying to deal with her is just unbelievable. What has your experience been?

To go sale agreed? We were bidding against someone for five days. Sale agreed after a week

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

One week - sold without using an EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pacos207

One week - sold without using an EA.

Is that possible? Pardon my ignorance. My loan application has just been approved & was under the impression I needed an EA for the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Pacos207 wrote: »
    Is that possible? Pardon my ignorance. My loan application has just been approved & was under the impression I needed an EA for the search.

Cash sale. You can search on any of the websites listing properties for sale. It may be different if you require a mortgage. Other posters will advise, I am sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Three weeks and still no sale agreed we are at the asking price. I'm just so withered from this house buying it's nothing but crap. You would think you're getting the house for free. It's a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Laghan

appleb wrote:
    I have a buy to let property with EBS and got a letter from them today to say there has been an error with the interest rates and they are reducing it from4.8% to 1.5%! Of course I am delighted about this but unsure about what the likely outcome will be. They said that it will take a few months to sort it out. Has anyone any idea what the likely outcome might be? I have a mortgage of about 150k. Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move it to a more relevant thread.

I think I have been one of the lucky ones by the looks of things. Mortgage approved 28th July, offer in on a house on Friday 12th, sale agreed on Monday 15th. I just hope it continues like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Took us about 2-3 weeks as there was various bids, it's a soul destroying period as your not in control and you will end up hating your EA

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Mine took about 4 weeks from first viewing to Sale Agreed, it's now 14 weeks later but hoping to close soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

3 months to go from offer accepted to sale agreed, 6 months if you include bidding. Then another 6 months to get the keys. Over a year later and I'm still not in. It was a bank sale so I knew it was going to be slow.

They sellers could be on holidays op. I couldn't get anything done in my house the last two weeks because everyone seemed to be away.

But the problem is we are highest bid the last three weeks. There are no counter bids. SHe rang me this morning in error thinking I was a someone new trying to look at the house as she only has my boyfriends number on records. I rang one day to view the house but never left a name or a number her assistant took down my number. So she rang didn't have a clue who I was until the penny dropped. It's like she is trying to drum up business and is just trying to stop or really slow down the process. It's so frustrating they have they asking price. I want to ring tomorrow what shold I say as thus was meant to be wrapped up this week. Her words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 fashionista88

I feel your pain! It's a disaster waiting on EA. the problem lies with the fact that they know house prices are rising, so the asking price is almost only the first target really if you are anywhere in a city location.

tell her that your offer is good until close of business next Friday or you will be withdrawing it. Gives her 1 week to get her act together. Scare her into either revealing what the wait is... Ie someone in holidays, or at least giving you a straight answer.
    Be prepared to walk away if she continues messing!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Donutz

We made an offer, EA rang vendor, rang us back and told us house was ours for an extra 2 grand. We accepted. Pretty much sale aggreed within 30 minutes.

I assume we were the exception to the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I feel your pain! It's a disaster waiting on EA. the problem lies with the fact that they know house prices are rising, so the asking price is almost only the first target really if you are anywhere in a city location.

tell her that your offer is good until close of business next Friday or you will be withdrawing it. Gives her 1 week to get her act together. Scare her into either revealing what the wait is... Ie someone in holidays, or at least giving you a straight answer.
    Be prepared to walk away if she continues messing!

I would not even give them a week. When I made an offer on my current house, I made a low bid on a Thursday which was quickly turned down. On Friday morning I made a much more aggressive bid and told them they had unti l the end of the day as I was considering a bid on another house. Had the bid accepted on Friday evening. Made sure the house listing was updated to sale agreed.

Yeah I think we don't have much a choice see I dont even know if she has told the vendor. She seems to be ringi the world and their mother to see if they want to view it. It's getting ridiculous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Obviously EA and/or vendor are hoping for more than the asking price - as would most vendors.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

We saw a house, put a bid in of the asking price (265k) Waited 3 weeks. Attended every viewing. On the 4th week - person comes in 20k above us.

Without giving it much thought - we go 5k higher (290k) Over next few days- no response. We have doubts (we went too high) so we call and withdraw completely from the sale.

EA tries to hold on to us, we say no. Think the other guy was trying to bid us up, we lost the run of ourselves and went too high. We couldn't afford it without getting loans from family.

In the meantime, we see another house. We go sale agreed in less than 24 hours after a bit of back forth for 255k.

A week later we get an email from EA of first house saying vendor would now accept 265k - and would we consider it?

Honestly OP - it seems your vendor wants more money. You either stick it out, or raise your bid. I'm not advising you to raise your bid - but I wonder if the EA would pay more attention to you if you did?!

I would advise you to hold steady - vendor could get sick of waiting and just accept your offer.

It's a very frustrating game.

Advertisement