Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing on the Quay

• 17-08-2016 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I have noticed on my evening strolls along the quays a number of men fishing, I don't know much about fishing laws but is that allowed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

I have noticed on my evening strolls along the quays a number of men fishing, I don't know much about fishing laws but is that allowed?

Why wouldn't it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

There ain't any sign posts to say people aren't allowed fish there but whether that person should be would depend on if he has a licence and what he's fishing for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Treepole wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it be?

Sexist probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

There ain't any sign posts to say people aren't allowed fish there but whether that person should be would depend on if he has a licence and what he's fishing for.

Thank you, that is what I was wondering, if you needed a licence to fish there.
    Sexist probably.

:rolleyes: I could have said people but I haven't seen any women on my walks just men.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Thank you, that is what I was wondering, if you needed a licence to fish there.

:rolleyes: I could have said people but I haven't seen any women on my walks just men.

As far as I know tidal fishing it not subject to the same restrictions as freshwater fishing. Anyone can fish the tide but there are restrictions on what you can catch and certain times of the year etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Oh yeah, I thought was something to do with fishing quotas. Have to have so many fisherwomen for every fisherman.
    That's how the fishing quotas work isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Most likely fishing for eels. Apparently it's a Limerick thing to fry them with milk, onions and flour. Each to their own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

As far as I know it is now illegal to fish for eels in Ireland now due to their declining numbers in the last few years.

Advertisement